Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

BUSINESS BRIEFS

Sk200 million spent on road maintenance

THE NATIONAL highway company (NDS) spent Sk200 million (€5.4 million) in 2005 on administration and maintenance of highways and freeways in Slovakia.

Of the total sum, 56.8 percent (Sk113.8 million) went into the highway system and the remaining 43.2 percent (Sk86.7 million) went on freeways.

Winter maintenance cost Sk80.2 million, NDS spokesman Marcel Jánošík told the SITA news agency.

The NDS was responsible for 528.7 kilometres of roads in 2005, of which 61 percent (320.8 kilometres) were highways and 122.6 kilometres were freeways.

The processing of personal data is subject to our Privacy Policy and the Cookie Policy. Before submitting your e-mail address, please make sure to acquaint yourself with these documents.

Top stories

Slovaks speak the worst English in central Europe

Seven out of ten job applicants in Slovakia claim to speak English.

Illustrative Stock Photo

Journalists should resist the temptation to tweet

There is still a need for old-fashioned news reporters who just get the facts out there, says Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ian Johnson.

Ian Johnson

We refuse Fico's attacks against journalists

More than 480 journalists have signed a statement condemning the most recent verbal attacks of the former prime minister against journalists.

Slovak journalists at one of protest rallies organised in response to the murder of journalist Ján Kuciak and his fiancée.

UPDATED: Police investigate protest organisers over Soros allegations

The National Criminal Agency wants to see the accounts of the protest organisers due to a criminal complaint alleging they are paid by George Soros.