Click to enlarge.
Information about the Teplicza spring dates back to 1247. Spas continued to be built here until 1488, but not in the form we are familiar with today. The most notable spa building, Hammam, was built in 1888. Its beautiful Moorish-style bath was designed by František Schmoranz, court architect to the Egyptian viceroy Izmail.
Trenčianske Teplice's healing springs and mineralized sulphur mud continue to treat illnesses, particularly rheumatism, to this day.
Prepared by Branislav Chovan
17. Apr 2006 at 0:00