1. DO NOT forget to smile. Make sure you are VERY cheesy. A trick that I use: the bigger your smile is, the less attention they pay to your cheer! Really, it's true!
2. DO NOT allow your voice to wobble and shake. One thing for sure, if they can't hear you, they don't want you. Shake those walls, girls!
3. On try out day, wear an appropriate outfit. Do not go makeup crazy (natural beauty, darling) and NO JEWELLERY! A good outfit would be a T-shirt with your school logo on it, coordinating shorts, WHITE socks and shoes, and a coordinating scrunchie. Always wear your hair away from your face and pulled back behind your ears.
4. Be peppy! When you come in the try out area, don't just walk to your area, BOUNCE! And YELL! and SMILE! And bop around for at least 30 seconds. Then pause for a second to regain your composure, and begin your routine.
5. Make eye contact with the judges. Remember, they are the ones that hold your cheerleading fate in hand. If you make a mistake, play it off and act like nothing happened. They might even think that it is your creativity, not a blooper!
6. Keep your chin up, and do your very best. Compete against no one but yourself, and you will always win.
Compiled from the nacyredd.com web-site.
Nancy Red is an American former cheerleader.
3. Jul 2001 at 0:00