ST quiet on speculation over Eurotel sale

Officials from telecoms firm Slovenské telekomunikácie (ST) have refused to comment on press reports that US firms AT&T Wireless and Verizon intend to sell their 49% stake in Slovak mobile operator EuroTel. ST holds the remaining 51%.

The rumours began circulating after the two US firms sold a similar holding in Czech mobile firm Eurotel to the Czech fixed line operator Český Telecom. Sources close to the deal reportedly said that the firms would likely sell their stakes in Slovak Eurotel to ST or directly to ST's owner, Deutsche Telekom.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Top stories

News digest: Long queues around Slovakia on the first day of nationwide testing

Hundreds of thousands got tested during the first five hours. Experts warn it is too early to interpret the results.

Drive-in testing site in Bratislava.

Afraid of testing? Minimise your risk of infection with these test day tips

Coughing is the most dangerous part of the testing process.

Zborov, the Bardejov district

UPDATED: Nationwide testing for COVID-19 is on

Long queues have formed in front of most testing points since early morning. Some drive-through sites closed in Bratislava

Testing in Trenčín, western Slovakia

The big testing: When and where to show up, and what if I don't want to? (FAQ)

Here is what we know about the practicalities of the nationwide testing so far. Testing also applies to foreigners and diplomats in Slovakia.

Pilot testing in Bardejov