Third mobile operator tender to be discussed soon

Deputy Telecom Minister Dušan Faktor said July 30 that choosing a third mobile operator for the Slovak market remains a priority, with the government due to discuss tender conditions this September and a new entry on the market possible by summer next year.

A tender for a third operator to join Eurotel, majority-controlled by fixed-line monopoly Slovenské Telekomunikácie (ST), and France Telecom-owned Globtel, was controversially cancelled in summer 1999 by then Telecoms Minister Gabriel Palacka. Palacka split the licence between Eurotel and Globtel. He was forced to resign over the affair a few months later.

Top stories

News digest: Schools across Slovakia are closing

Problems with regional buses in Bratislava persist. Meteorologists issue warnings against snow for Tuesday and Wednesday.


10 h
Illustrative stock photo

Regional hygienists starting to close schools

Schools in 11 districts have switched to remote learning so far.


11 h
Miroslava Sotáková

The great thing about Slovakia is the lack of crowds, says Slovak living in New York

Miroslava Sotáková works for Google and is bringing up three kids in New York.


20 h
Online shopping, illustrative stock photo.

Online scams spiked during Black Friday

Experts recommend double-checking discounts.


29. nov
Skryť Close ad