Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

BUSINESS BRIEFS

OTP wants 100% of IRB

The largest Hungarian bank, OTP Bank, has said it wants a 100% stake in Slovak finance house IRB.

OTP was due to sign a contract on the purchase of a 92.55% stake in IRB on December 7. But OTP deputy general director Laszlo Wolf told the Hungarian daily Het that the bank would offer to buy the remaining 7.45% from minority shareholders.

The Hungarian bank will pay $14 million for the 92.55% stake.

Top stories

Crematorium in Bratislava is an architectural revelation Photo

Those who have experienced farewells in other crematoria know what makes it special. Now the best work by the architect Ferdinand Milučký is getting a monograph

Crematorium in Bratislava by architect Ferdinand Milučký

What kind of expectations do some Slovaks have for world leaders?

Among EU member states, opinions of the United States declined in all but two — Poland (which makes some sense) and Slovakia (which does not).

Donald Trump

Crates and boxes. Slovaks discover new ways of grocery shopping

Farmer’s boxes are gaining customers in Slovakia as people slowly become more conscious about quality and the origin of the food they eat.

Foreigners: Top 10 events in Bratislava Video

Tips for the top 10 events in the capital between January 19 and January 28, plus regular services in different languages, training, temporary exhibitions and highlights of the year.

Scandi 4