* Kunst Wien- Children's Christmas Day at KunstHaus Wien. Free admission on December 24 from 10:00-17:00. Presents, workshops, plays and much more. Untere Weissgerberstrasse 13, Tel.: 01-712-1495.
* The House of Sigmund Freud- "My Old Gods". The exhibition is staged in cooperation with the Freud museum in London, and presents a collection of Greek, Roman and Egyptian masterpieces. The collection, consisting of 3,000 pieces in total, opens 160 objects such as sculptures to public viewing. The House also holds the biggest psycho-analytic library in Europe. Berggasse 19, open daily from 09:00 to 16:00, December 27 to January 6. Admission is 60 ATS. More information at http://freud/tu.or.at.
* Christmas Concerts- Lobkowitz Palace, Lobkowitzplatz 2 at 19:30, or the Academy of Fine Arts, Shillerplatz 3 at 19.30. December 26 to January 2. Tickets are available at the door.
* New Year's Eve Concert- The Wiener Johann Strauss Capelle in original historical dress performs famous melodies in the traditional surroundings of the Wiener Kursalon. Tickets are available for 590 ATS at Wiener Kursalon, Johannesgasse 33, Tel.: 01-718-9666.
* The Mozarthaus Concerts- The concerts take place in the oldest concert hall in Vienna, where Mozart used to work and play for Bishop Colloredo in 1781. Works by Mozart, Haydn, Shubert and Beethoven. December 28-31 and January 1-3. Tickets available from 250 ATS to 450 ATS at Deutsch Ordenhaus, Singerstrasse 7, Tel.: 01-911-9077. Concerts start at 20:00 and 21:30.
Ratthasplatz- daily 09:00-21:00. Ends December 24.
Shonbrunn- Mon-Fri 12:00-20:00, weekend 10:00-20:00. Ends December 26.
Spittelberg- Mon-Fri 12.00-20:00.Ends December 23.
Freyung- daily 09:30-19:30. Ends December 23.
Karisplatz- daily 12:00-20.00. Ends December 23.
NEW YEAR'S PARTY
* New Year's Evening Gala 98/99- Museum of Fine Arts, Cupolla Hall. Tickets are avalable for 2.300 ATS, and include a buffet, a visit to the exhibition "Portraits from the Desert" and a musical programme. Information and reservations at Tel.: 01-512-4963.Starts at 20:00.
* Enjoy snowboarding in front of the giant Ferris Wheel! Daily programmeon the 80-foot high, 80-m long snow ramp includes shows and snowboarding courses for beginners from December 26 to January 6. More details at the Infromation Centre , Kartnerstrasse.
21. Dec 1998 at 0:00 | Soňa Bellušová