The Month of Photographypresents photography exhibitions at 39 places around Bratislava. Photographs from central and eastern Europe and around the world can be seen until November 31. Tickets are available at exhibition sites. For further information call Fotofo Agency at tel.: 07-243-976, or contact Profil Gallery at Prepoštská 4, open Mo-Sun 13:00-17:00. Accommodation is available at Hotel Doprastav, Košická 52, Bratislava, tel.: 07-5430-204 or Slovenské elektrárne, Miletičova 5, Bratislava at tel.: 07-56922-800.
* Aréna Theatre- Intenational Institute of Movement Dance - Grand Pierot. Viedenská cesta 10, Tel.. 07-5443-3867. Tickets are available at PKO Ticket Office, Hviezdoslavvovo námestie 24, Tel.. 07-5443-3867 or Aréna Theatre Tue-Sat 15:00-19:00. November 26-28, performances at 19:00.
* Gunagu Theatre- Jawa Nostalgická. Cabaret performance featuring music hits from former Czechoslovakia. Communist and socialist nostalgia at its best. The Czech Centre, Nám. SNP 12, Tel.: 07-381-4188. November 27, 19:00.
* Theatre Studio of VŠMU(Academy of Performing Arts in Bratislava) - regular public theatre performances. Every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday starting at 19:00. VŠMU, Ventúrska 3. Tickets are available at the door and cost 20 Sk.
* A Thousand Years of Waldsteinis the name of a recent book that will be officially presented to the public in Bratislava by Count Carl Albrecht Waldstein and writer Rudolf Steindl. Waldstein is a famous county in the Czech Republic. The reading is organised in cooperation with the Austrian Cultural Institute. The Czech Centre, Nám. SNP 12, November 23, 18:00.
* The Liquidation Age- An evening with Czech and Slovak writers and music. The Czech Centre, Nám. SNP 12, Tel.: 07-381-4188. November 28, 19:00.
* Oldie's Disco- 60's to 80's music for middle generation in renovated Tatra Club. Hotel Tatra, Nám. 1. mája 5, Tel.: 07-321-278. Every Saturday from 19:00 to 02:00. Tickets (from 100 to 150 Sk) are available daily at the reception desk.
*All Jazz Group- Thursday concert. Black & Rose Café, Michalská 7, Tel.: 07-54414-194. November 19, 20:00.
* The memory of George Gershwin, an American classical music and jazz composer. Guest: Jon Ferguson from the US on piano. The City Culture Centre, Uršulínska 11, Tel.. 5443-2942. November 24, performance at 19:00. Admission is 150 SK.
* 2nd Multi Media Show- music, literature and film with a special guest: the British group Tribal Drift. Tribal Drift combines the ancient and wild sounds of the Australian Didgeridoo, with contemporary techno grooves and dance sensibilities. Kuture House Zrkadlový háj, Rovniakova 13, Tel.: 6531-4862. November 26, 20:00
* Lucie Bílá and Hana Hegerová- Bílá won the best singer award for 1996-97 in the Czech Republic, while Hegerová is a Piaf-type legend. Pasienky Sport Hall, December 2, 19:00. Tickets cost 500 Sk. Tickets are available at PKO Ticket Office, Hviezdoslavovo námestie, Tel.: 07-5441-5826 every day from 10:00 to 17:00.
* The Slovak Philharmonic- Reduta, Palackého 2. Tickets are available daily except Wed 13:00-19:00,Wed 8:00-14:00. Reservations: 07-533-3351.
- 25 years of Musica Aeterna. Chamber ensemble plays ancient music. November 24, 19:00.
- Slovak Philharmonic Choir - Guiseppe Verdi (Te Deum) and Giacommo Rossini (Stabat Mater). Conductor: Aldo Ceccato from Italy. November 26, 27, 19:00.
* Concilium Musicumplays 18th century music. Conductor: Paul Angerer (Austria). Moyzes Hall, Fajnorovo nábrežie 2. November 25, 19:00. Free admission.
* Classical music at Bratislava Castle- Armonia Slovacca chamber orchestra. Programme includes Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Barrios Mangoré and many others. Bratislava Castle, Zámocká cesta 1. Tickets available at the door of the Music Hall. November 29, 17:00.
* Dracula. After the amazing success of the musical Dracula in Prague, the show hits the stage in Bratislava. Music: Karel Svoboda, Director: Jozef Bednárik. The musical is staged in Veľká sála (Big Hall) from Tue to Fri at 19:00, weekends at 14:30 and 19:00. Tickets are available from 100 to 580 Sk. Better book soon, they are going fast. Istropolis, Trnavské mýto 1, Tel.: 526 49 39. Ends December 31.
CHECK OUT FOR HOT, LIVE MUSIC!
* Aligator Restaurant- Jazz and Blues Thursdays. Laurinská 7, Tel.: 5318-611 (next to ZOE fashion store). Open Mon-Fri, 10:00-24:00.
* Duna Club- DJ's, rock, dance and rave music, live concerts. Radlinského 11, Tel.:3258-51. Open everyday 17:00-01:00 and weekends 17:00-04:00.
* Hysteria Pub- Jazz and Blues Wednesdays. Odbojárov 9, Tel.:5254-495, behind Ondrej Nepela Ice Rink. Open Mon-Thur 11:30-02:00, Fri 11:30-05:00, Sat 16:00-01:00, Sun 13:00-24:00
* Jungle Café- Jazz Mondays in a newly opened, well decorated Mexican style café. Obchodná 42, Tel.: 5333-254. Open 10:00-24:00
* Kráter - Café & Club- Café and Pub with live music concerts. Vysoká 14, Tel.: 3174-08. Café open 09:30-03:00 and Pub 18:00-03:00.
* Stoka Theatre- pub, rock concerts, festivals. Pribinová 1, Tel. 324 463. Open Mon-Thur 10:24:00, Fri 10:00-01:00, Sat 10:00-01:00, Sun 11:00-24:00
* 17's Bar- jazz, rock, folk - Thursdays and Fridays. Hviezdosla-vovo námestie 17, Tel: 5335-135 (next to Mladosť movie theater). Open Mon-Thur 11:30-02:00, Fri 11:30-03:00, Sat 14:00-03:00, Sun 14:00-24:00
* U-CLUB- alternative and dance music with live rock concerts on Fridays and Saturdays. Pod hradnou skalou, Tel.: 0905-274 906. Open Fri and Sat 10:00-05:00.