* Un-projected. International weekend of contemporary art, including multimedia performances and presentations by European artists. The programme offers exhibitions, lectures and projections around the capital, and a dance party on Nov. 21 at Bratislava's U-Club. Organised in co-operation with the Sörös Center for Contemporary Art.
Our pick: Contemporary Czech art and Czech art magazines, the Czech Centre, Nám. SNP 12, November 20 at 15:00. Un-projected lectures at Stoka Theatre are also a hot item: Pribinova 1, Tel. 07-324-463. November 13, 20:00. For further information call Boris Ondreička, Tel.: 07-5313-316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Romeo & Juliet- New performance by remarkable Bratislava Dance Company. Classic theme set to the music of Slovak composer "Henrich," with choreography by Ján Ďurovčík. Nová Scéna, Kollárovo námestie 20, tickets available at Ticket Office from 12.30-19.00, Tel.: 07-321-139. November 25 to 27, 19:00.
* Aréna Theatre- Intenational Institute of Movement Dance - Between dream and nightmare, Isidoro Fernandez (France). Viedenská cesta 10, November 20, 21, performances at 19:00. Tickets are available at PKO Ticket Office, Hviezdoslavovo námestie 24, Tel.. 07-5443-3867 or Theatre Aréna Tue-Sat 15:00-19:00.
* A Thousand Years of Waldsteinis the name of a recent book that will be officially presented to the public in Bratislava by Count Carl Albrecht Waldstein and writer Rudolf Steindl. Waldstein is a famous county in the Czech Republic. The reading is organised in cooperation with the Austrian Cultural Institute. The Czech Centre, Nám. SNP 12, November 23, 18:00.
* JazzQuartet of Stano Herkoat the Black Rose Café, Michalská 7, Tel.: 07-54414-194. November 19, 20:00.
* The memory of George Gershwin, an American classical music and jazz composer. Guest: Jon Ferguson from the US on piano. The City Culture Centre, Uršulínska 11, Tel.. 5443-2942. November 24, performance at 19:00. Admission is 150 SK.
2nd Mulimedia Party- November 24-28. Film screenings, music concerts and public readings of literature at Zrkadlový háj, Rovniakova 3, Tel.: 07-6383-6776.
CZECH STARS IN BRATISLAVA
* Marie Rottrová- Famous singer presents a lineup of great songs. PKO, Spoločenská sála, Nábr. arm.gen. L.Svobodu 3. November 22, 19:00. Tickets from 140 to 160 Sk.
* Karel Gott and Eva Urbanová- Legends of Czech pop music. Pasienky Sport Hall, November 21, 19:00. Tickets cost 499 Sk.
Tickets are available at PKO Ticket Office, Hviezdoslavovo námestie, Tel.: 07-5441-5826 every day from 10:00 to 17:00.
* The Slovak Philharmonic- Tickets are available at Reduta, Palackého 2. Open daily except Wed 13:00-19:00,Wed 8:00-14:00. Reservations: 07-533-3351
- Music by "New Slovak Music" composers. November 21, 19:00
- Musica Aeterna, chamber ensemble plays ancient music. November 24, 19:00.
16. Nov 1998 at 0:00 | Soňa Bellušová