OCTOBER 31 - HALLOWEEN IN BRATISLAVA
* All Hallow's Eve is upon us again, and two pubs in the capital are holding special parties to mark the occasion. Both bashes start at 20:00, and frown very severely on people attending without a costume of some kind.
* Black Rose Café, Michalská 10, Tel.: 07-5314-194. Entrance only with mask and lamp (this means you must actually find a lamp of some kind if you want to attend).
* Dubliner Pub, Sedlárska 6, Tel.: 07-531-0706.
* Latino Culture Project presents Fuego and Latino Flash, a Latin-American dance group, on October 30 in Spoločenská sála PKO from 20:00 to 04:00. Tickets are available at Café "U Anjelov", Laurinská 19, Tel.: 07-533-1724. More information at 07-714-631.
* Czech Days- This festival stages 13 theatre performances from the Czech Republic at the Bratislava theatre Studio "S" at Námestie 1. mája 7 from October 30 to November 16. Tickets are available at Studio "S", Tel.: 07-367-552 every day from 15:00. For further information call The Czech Centre, Lenka Zogatová, Tel.: 07-381-4188.
* The Slovak Philharmonic- Moyzes Quartet - Performance of the music of Eugen Suchoň, Leoš Janáček and Antonín Dvořák, October 27, 19:00.
* The music of Antonín Dvořák, October 29 and 30, 19:00. Tickets available at Reduta, Palackého 2. Open daily 13:00-19:00,Wed 8:00-14:00. Reservations: 07-533-3351.
* Jazz- Flamenco group - the Branco Krajčo sextet with special guest Fernando Del Paso, a Spanish vocalist. Istropolis, Trnavské mýto 1, Tel.: 07-526-4939. October 29 and 30, 19:00.
* Goethe Institute- Wilmar Konig - Journeys. Konig, an architect, presents colour photographs form West and East Berlin, USA and Austria.
* Miró Gallery- Sakura Motivation - Contemporary Japanese art. Eight artists present minimalist sculptures, landscape art, photographs, media and action art. Drevená ulica 4-6, Tel.: 07-310-830, open daily except Mo 10:00-17:00. Admission 10 SK. Ends November 15.
* Slovak National Gallery- Rázusovo nábrežie 2, Tel.: 5332-081, open Tue-Sun 10:00-18:00.
* Boris Podreca- The Poetry of Contrast. The exhibition is organised in cooperation with the Austrian Cultural Center and presents the work of Podreca, former president of the permanent Architecture Seminar in Vienna. Ends November 1.
* Dracula. After the amazing success of the musical Dracula in Prague, the show hits the stage in Bratislava. The musical is put on in Veľká sála (Big Hall) from Tue to Fri at 19:00, weekends at 14:30 and 19:00. Tickets are available from 100 to 580 Sk. Better book soon, they are going fast. Istropolis, Trnavské mýto 1, Tel.: 526 49 39. Ends December 31.
CHECK OUT FOR HOT, LIVE MUSIC!
* Aligator Restaurant- Jazz and Blues Thursdays. Laurinská 7, Tel.: 5318-611 (next to ZOE fashion store). Open Mon-Fri, 10:00-24:00.
* Duna Club- DJ's, rock, dance and rave music, live concerts. Radlinského 11, Tel.:3258-51. Open everyday 17:00-01:00 and weekends 17:00-04:00.
* Hysteria Pub- Jazz and Blues Wednesdays. Odbojárov 9, Tel.:5254-495, behind Ondrej Nepela Ice Rink. Open Mon-Thur 11:30-02:00, Fri 11:30-05:00, Sat 16:00-01:00, Sun 13:00-24:00
* Jungle Café- Jazz Mondays in a newly opened, well decorated Mexican style café. Obchodná 42, Tel.: 5333-254. Open 10:00-24:00
* Kráter - Café & Club- Café and Pub with live music concerts. Vysoká 14, Tel.: 3174-08. Café open 09:30-03:00 and Pub 18:00-03:00.
* Stoka Theatre- pub, rock concerts, festivals. Pribinová 1, Tel. 324 463. Open Mon-Thur 10:24:00, Fri 10:00-01:00, Sat 10:00-01:00, Sun 11:00-24:00
* 17's Bar- jazz, rock, folk - Thursdays and Fridays. Hviezdosla-vovo námestie 17, Tel: 5335-135 (next to Mladosť movie theater). Open Mon-Thur 11:30-02:00, Fri 11:30-03:00, Sat 14:00-03:00, Sun 14:00-24:00
* U-CLUB- alternative and dance music with live rock concerts on Fridays and Saturdays. Pod hradnou skalou, Tel.: 0905-274 906. Open Fri and Sat 10:00-05:00.
26. Oct 1998 at 0:00 | Soňa Bellušová