David Weinberger's, "Moschiach" necklace (1993).
* Slovak National Gallery- Rázusovo nábrežie 2, Tel.:5332-081, open Tue-Sun 10:00-18:00.
* Contemporary Belgian jewellery 1945-1995. This extraordinary exhibition presents 300 pieces of jewellery made of gold and other precious metals, alongside experiments with paper and plastic. The show, which involves the work of artists, was organised in cooperation with the Belgian royal family and VIZO , a Flemish cultural institute. Esterházy Palace, Berlinka café. Ends November 15.
* Anton Jazsush(1882-1965). This Slovak painter, a member of the Košice avant-garde movement, is represented by a series of massive paintings influenced by expressionism, literary symbolism and futurism. Ends November 8.
* Boris Podreca- The Poetry of Contrast. The exhibition is organised in cooperation with the Austrian Cultural Center and presents the work of Podreca, former president of the permanent Architecture Seminar in Vienna. Ends November 1.
* Photo Gallery PROFIL- Anton Fiala - Himalayas. Pictures from the Slovak ascent of Mount Everest in 1988. Prepoštská 4, open Tue-Sun 13:00-17:00. Ends October 31.
* City Museum BratislavaPrima-ciálne námestie 3, Tel.: 5334-742, open Tu-Su 10:00-17:00) - Bratislava 1848-1918-Paintings, photographs. Ends December 31.
* Elegance of the first Czechoslovakia state. Czech fashion 1918-1939. Ends November 8.
CHECK OUT FOR HOT, LIVE MUSIC!
* Aligator Restaurant- Jazz and Blues Thursdays. Laurinská 7, Tel.: 5318-611 (next to ZOE fashion store). Open Mon-Fri, 10:00-24:00.
* Duna Club- DJ's, rock, dance and rave music, live concerts. Radlinského 11, Tel.:3258-51. Open everyday 17:00-01:00 and weekends 17:00-04:00.
* Hysteria Pub- Jazz and Blues Wednesdays. Odbojárov 9, Tel.:5254-495, behind Ondrej Nepela Ice Rink. Open Mon-Thur 11:30-02:00, Fri 11:30-05:00, Sat 16:00-01:00, Sun 13:00-24:00
* Jungle Café- Jazz Mondays in a newly opened, well decorated Mexican style café. Obchodná 42, Tel.: 5333-254. Open 10:00-24:00
* Kráter - Café & Club- Café and Pub with live music concerts. Vysoká 14, Tel.: 3174-08. Café open 09:30-03:00 and Pub 18:00-03:00.
* Stoka Theatre- pub, rock concerts, festivals. Pribinová 1, Tel. 324 463. Open Mon-Thur 10:24:00, Fri 10:00-01:00, Sat 10:00-01:00, Sun 11:00-24:00
* 17's Bar- jazz, rock, folk - Thursdays and Fridays. Hviezdosla-vovo námestie 17, Tel: 5335-135 (next to Mladosť movie theater). Open Mon-Thur 11:30-02:00, Fri 11:30-03:00, Sat 14:00-03:00, Sun 14:00-24:00
* U-CLUB- alternative and dance music with live rock concerts on Fridays and Saturdays. Pod hradnou skalou, Tel.: 0905-274 906. Open Fri and Sat 10:00-05:00.
12. Oct 1998 at 0:00 | Soňa Bellušová