* Photo Gallery PROFIL- Anton Fiala - Himalayas. Pictures from Slovak ascent of Mount Everest in 1988. Prepoštská 4, open Tue-Sun 13:00-17:00. From October 8 to 31.
* City Museum Bratislava(Primaciálne námestie 3, Tel.: 5334-742, open Tu-Su 10:00-17:00) - Bratislava 1848-1918-Paintings, photographs. Ends December 31. - Elegance of first Czechoslovakia state. Czech fashion 1918-1939. Ends November 8.
* Caligraphy- Harumi Yamada - Short presentation of Japanese caligraphy. October 5, 17:00, House of Culture, Námestie SNP 12.
* French Institute Gallery-Edouard Hannon-Pictures of Russia. Hannon , 1853-1931, a founder of the Belgian Photography Association in 1874, introduces his photographs of the Russian countryside at the end of 19the century. Sedlárska 7, Tel.: 5334-662, open 9:00-21:00. Ends October 31.
* The Slovak National Gallery- Boris Podreca - Poetry of Contrast. The exhibition is organised in cooperation with the Austrian Cultural Center and presents the work of Podreca, former president of the permanent Architecture Seminar in Vienna. SNG, Rázusovo nábr. 2, Tel.: 53332-081, open Tue-Sun 10:00-18:00. Ends November 1.
* Galery Michalský dvor 1- Vladimír Suchánek, Czech Republic-Graphics. The gallery is famous for its progressive artists. Michalská 3, Tel.: 6542-6926, open Tue-Sun 13:00-18:00. From October 8 to November 1.
* City Gallery (Mirbach Palace).Remember - Slovak Fine Art, 1980-1984. This exhibition unites pictures, sculptures and drawings. Ends November 15.
The Slovak ExLibris Society, which hosted the European ExLibris Meeting from September 4 to 8, involving 150 artists from 20 countries, presents an exhibition of their work. Františkánske námestie 11, Tel.: 5331-556, open Tue-Fri 10:00-6:00. Ends November 1.
* Slovak National Gallery- Interworld (medzisvet) - A large sample of Slovak works of fine art from the 70s to the 90s. Several Slovak artists of the middle generation pursue in their work the problem of the various breaks, cracks and gaps that appear in the organisation of everything that exists in this world. Rázusovo nábrežie 2, Tel.:5332-081, open Tue-Sun 10:00-18:00. Ends November 8.
* Bratislava Hot Serenaders- Concert of American swing and dance music from 1920's. Istropolis, Trnavské mýto 1, Tel: 540-8241. October 11, 19:00.
* Elie Quartet- jazz concert. Black and Rose Club, Michalská 7, Tel.: 5314-194, October 8, 20:00.
* Dracula- Musical. After the amazing success of the musical Dracula in Prague, the show hits the stage in Bratislava. Music: Karel Svoboda, Director: Jozef Bednárik. The musical is put on in Veľká sála (Big Hall) from Tue to Fri at 19:00, weekends at 14:30 and 19:00. Tickets are available from 100 to 580 Sk. Better book soon, they are going fast. Istropolis, Trnavské mýto 1, Tel.: 526 49 39. Ends December 31.
* The Beauty of Kimonos.Presentation staged by Hakkkubi Kjoto Kimono School during Japanese culture week in Bratislava. October 8, 19:06. Aréna Theatre, Viedenská cesta 10, Tel.: 846-875.
* Sattó- The Wind Dance: Dance troupe from Central Slovak state theatre presents Japanese dance. October 6, 19:00. Nová scéna, Kollárovo námestie 20, Tel.: 325-741.
* Bratislava Music Festival, September 25 - October 9. This traditional festival celebrating "the best" of classical music will take place in Reduta (the Slovak Philharmonic building), the Slovak National Theatre and Moyzes Hall. Tickets available at the ticket Office, Michalská 10, Tel.: 07-53334-558, or the Slovak Philharmonic, Palackého 2, Tel.: 07-5333-531.
Our Pick of Bratislava Music Festival
The Ensemble Vocal A Sei Voci, a vocal group from France, puts on a show at the Jesuit Church. Jezuitský kostol, Hlavné námestie, October 6, 20:00.
Panocha Quartet, Czech Republic: Bagin, Maloves, Schumann. Mirror Hall of Primaciálny Palace, Primaciálne násmestie 1, October 9, 17:00.
The Slovak National Theatrehosts guest Olga Romanko from Russia in the Aida opera by Giuseppe Verdi. Slovak National Theatre, Hviezdoslavovo námestie, October 9, 19:00.
5. Oct 1998 at 0:00 | Soňa Bellušová