* The Slovak National Gallery- Boris Podreca - Poetry of Contrast. This exhibition is organised in cooperation with the Austrian Culture Center and presents the work of Podreca, former president of the permanent Architecture Seminar in Vienna. SNG, Rázusovo nábr. 2, Tel.: 53332-081. Open Tue-Sun 10:00-18:00. Ends November 1.
* Gallery Michalský dvor 1 - Cvetelin Cvetenec (Bulgaria) - Paintings. The gallery is famous for its progressive artists. This exhibition highlights paintings on a theme entitled "Teatro Mundi," ("World Theatre") which explores relationships and people's stories. Michalská 3, Tel.: 6542-6926. Open Tue-Sun 13:00-18:00. Ends October 2.
* City Gallery (Mirbach Palace). Remember - Slovak Fine Art, 1980-1984. This exhibition unites pictures, sculptures and drawings. Ends November 15.
* The Slovak ExLibris Society, which hosted the European ExLibris Meeting from September 4 to 8, involving 150 artists from 20 countries, presents an exhibition of their work. Františkánske námestie 11, Tel.: 5331-556. Open Tue-Fri 10:00-6:00. Ends November 1.
* Slovak National Gallery- Interworld (medzisvet) - A large sample of Slovak works of fine art from the 70s to the 90s. Several Slovak artists of the middle generation pursue in their work the problem of the various breaks, cracks and gaps that appear in the organisation of everything that exists in this world. Rázusovo nábrežie 2, Tel.:5332-081. Open Tue-Sun 10:00-18:00. Ends November 8.
* Photo Gallery- PROFIL - Jindřich Štreit (Czech Republic) - My loveliest photographs.
Prepoštská 4. Open Tue-Sun 13:00-17:00. Ends October 4.
* UNICEF- Exhibition of Best Winter Season Postcards '98. Múzejka Café in Slovak National Museum, Vajanského nábr.2. For information call UNICEF, Grösslingova 6, Tel.: 365 082. Open daily 09:00-21:00. Ends October 15.
* The City Cultural Centre- Crafts Market 98 - Concerts, traditional food and an exhibition of typical Slovak crafts take place at Hlavné and Rydnayovo námestie at 15:00, September 26-27. For information call the City Cultural Center, Uršulínska 11, Tel.: 533 2942.
* From Horizon to Horizon. Exhibition held in honour of the World Year of Seas and Oceans 1998. Bibiana Children's Center. Panská 41, Tel.:5331-388. Open 10:00-19:00. Ends September 30.
* The Slovak National Museumoffers an exhibition of significant native plant species, providing visitors with an overview of Slovakia's vegetation. The exhibit presents the plants in imitation natural settings, such as a replica of the sandy Záhorie lowlands. Vajanského nábrežie 3, Tel.: 534-9141,Open daily, Tue-Sun 9:00-17:00.
* Michael's Gate- The museum of weapons and fire arms is part of the City Museum. Great view of the city from the top of the tower. Michalská ulica, under the tower. Open daily 10:00-17:00 except Tuesday,.
CHECK OUT FOR HOT, LIVE MUSIC!
* Aligator Restaurant- Jazz and Blues Thursdays. Laurinská 7, Tel.: 5318-611 (next to ZOE fashion store). Open Mon-Fri, 10:00-24:00.
* Duna Club- DJ's, rock, dance and rave music, live concerts. Radlinského 11, Tel.:3258-51. Open everyday 17:00-01:00 and weekends 17:00-04:00.
* Hysteria Pub- Jazz and Blues Wednesdays. Odbojárov 9, Tel.:5254-495, behind Ondrej Nepela Ice Rink. Open Mon-Thur 11:30-02:00, Fri 11:30-05:00, Sat 16:00-01:00, Sun 13:00-24:00
* Jungle Café- Jazz Mondays in a newly opened, well decorated Mexican style café. Obchodná 42, Tel.: 5333-254. Open 10:00-24:00
* Kráter- Café & Club - Café and Pub with live music concerts. Vysoká 14, Tel.: 3174-08. Café open 09:30-03:00 and Pub 18:00-03:00.
* Stoka Theatre- pub, rock concerts, festivals. Pribinová 1, Tel. 324 463. Open Mon-Thur 10:24:00, Fri 10:00-01:00, Sat 10:00-01:00, Sun 11:00-24:00
* 17's Bar- jazz, rock, folk - Thursdays and Fridays. Hviezdoslavovo námestie 17, Tel: 5335-135 (next to Mladosť movie theater). Open Mon-Thur 11:30-02:00, Fri 11:30-03:00, Sat 14:00-03:00, Sun 14:00-24:00
* Umelka café, Umelecká záhrada- Garden pub and restaurant with jazz Thursdays, Country Fridays and Folk Music weekends. Dostojevského rad 2, Tel.:3658-54. Open daily 09:00-11:00.
* U-CLUB- alternative and dance music with live rock concerts on Fridays and Saturdays. Pod hradnou skalou, Tel.: 0905-274 906. Open Fri and Sat 10:00-05:00.
* Dracula- Musical. After the amazing success of the musical Dracula in Prague, the show hits the stage in Bratislava. Music: Karel Svoboda, Director: Jozef Bednárik. The musical is put on in Veľká sála (Big Hall) from Tue to Fri at 19:00, weekends at 14:30 and 19:00. Tickets are available from 100 to 580 Sk. Better book soon, they are going fast. Istropolis, Trnavské mýto 1, Tel.: 526 49 39. Ends December 31.
* Konvergencie- Opera Aperta Ensemble. Concert of Janáček, Brahms, Shumann masterpieces. The Czech Center, Námestie SNP 12, Tel.: 3814-188. September 29. Starts 19:00.