MAK Design Info Polo-A comprehensive archive with an emphasis on the "documentation of contemporary Austrian design". The archive includes 2800 works of about 550 Austrian designers.
* KunstHaus Wien- Picasso. This secret collection of 130 works (portraits, erotic drawings, terracottas) is being shown for the first time in Vienna. Admission 60-90 ATS. Untere Weissgerberstrasse 13, open daily 10-7pm. Ends August 30.
* MAK- Out of Actions - Aktionismus, Body Art & Perfor-mance (1949-1979)
The exhibition presents action-oriented art and performance in an international context and as a pivotal and radical phenomenon that totally changed the course of post war art. Austrian Museum of Applied Arts, Stubenring 5, Wien 1, Tel: +431 711 360. Guided tours, Tel: +431 711 36298. Admission 90 ATS, open daily. Ends September 6.
* Kunsthalle Wien- Crossings, The art of listening and seeing. The exhibition displays works by more than 40 artists: the spectrum ranges from contemplative installations to sound sculptures, and from video installations to works of art that deal with sound and music. Admission 80 ATS. Ends September 13.
*- Pipilotti Rist. Remake of the weekend. Pipilotti Rist is interested in video installations and shows a new one entitled Remake of the weekend alongside works like Ever is Over All or Pamela. The main show deals with a way of life that concentrates all expectations on the weekend in the hope of making up for what was missed during the daily routine of the rest of the week. Ends August 30. Admission 60 ATS. Museums-platz 1, Tel: +431 521 89 33, open daily from 10am to 6pm.
* Film Festival at Rauthaus-platz July 4-August 30 shows music in concerts such as: Perfor-mances starts at 9pm every day.
* Organ Concerts 1998 in Schubert Church Lichtental. Marktgasse 40. Starts at 7.45pm every Sunday.
For informations and tickets for rock, jazz and pop concerts call Ticket Express in Vienna at Tel: (0043) 1 1793 or JugendInfo der Sdadt Wien, Bellaria -Passage, open Mo-Sa 12-7 or call (0043) 1 1799.
SPECIAL FOR YOU
* For ATS 180, the Vienna card entitles you to 72 hours of unlimited travel by underground, tram and bus, and allows you take advantage of numerous reductions in prices at museums, shops, cafés and wine cellars. You can buy the card at any Vienna hotel, at the Tourist Information Office on Kartner Strasse 38, (open daily 9-5), at Vienna transport offices or, from outside Vienna, with a credit card at Tel: (0043) 1 798 44.
27. Aug 1998 at 0:00