Saša Petrovická: Time Bomb, on display at the Tatrasoft.
* City Gallery (Mirbach Palace)- Francisco Goya: Caprichos - graphics. This exhibition is a part of the cycle "Vision and Fantasy in the Fine Arts," and the graphics series comes from the collection of the Szépmuvészeti museum in Budapest. Františ-kánske námestie 11, Tel: 5331-556. Open Tue-Fri 10am-6pm. Ends September 6.
* MIRO Gallery- Pablo Picasso: lithographs. Newly opened gallery features 50 of Picasso's works . Drevená 4-6, Tel: 3108-30. Open daily except Mon 10am-6pm.Ends September 6.
* Medium Gallery- Walt Swales - Sculptures. Swales, an associate professor of Fine Arts and head of sculpture at Montclair State University in the US, highlights his sculptures about the frailty of the human condition, focusing on the theme of death and its symbol - the cross. Hviezdosla-vovo nám. 18, Tel: 5335-334. Open Mon-Fri 10am-5pm and Sat 10am-4pm. Ends September 5.
* Slovak National Gallery- Bauhaus im Osten - Exhibition prepared by Städtishe Museum in Leverkusen to introduce Slovak Fine Arts, mainly avant-garde works of the 1920's and 1930's, to the German public. Rázusovo nábrežie 2, Tel:5332-081. Open Tue-Sun 10am-6pm. Ends September 13.
* Spectrum Art Gallery- Dušan Polakovič - Satirical drawnings. Collection of 50 tongue-in-cheek drawings. Klariská ulica 1, Tel: 0903 4012-20. Open 11-7.
* Gallery Michalský Dvor- Marek Ormandík - Forty graphics and pictures - frontal portraits. Michalská , Tel.: 6542-6926. Open daily except Mo, 1-6. Ends August 30
* Gallery Tatrasoft- Saša Petrovická - Naive drawnings. Stories of love and relationships between men and woman. Klariská 10 , Tel: 5335-076. Open Mo-Fr 8-12, 1-4. Ends September 2.
* Primaciálny Palace, City Museum. Collection of European style paintings. 19th century art works from central Europe, a unique collection of Bratislava tapestries, St. Ladislav Chapel. The Bratislava tapestries are part of the original furnishing of the state rooms at the Archbishop's Palace. The series of 6 hanging pictures is the product of the English Royal Weavery of Mortlake near London. Primaciálne námestie. Open daily 10am-6pm.
CHECK OUT FOR HOT, LIVE MUSIC!
* Aligator Restaurant- Jazz and Blues Thursdays. Laurinská 7, Tel: 5318-611 (next to ZOE fashion store). Open Mon-Fri 10am-24pm.
* Duna Club- DJs, rock, dance and background music and live concerts. Radlinského street 11,Tel:3258-51. Open everyday 5pm-1am and weekends 5pm-4am.
* Hysteria Pub- Jazz and Blues Wednesdays. Odbojárov 9, Tel:5254-495, behind Ondrej Nepela Ice Rink.
* Jungle Café- Jazz Mondays in a newly opened, well decorated Mexican style café. Obchodná 42, Tel: 5333-254.
* Kráter - Café & Club- Café and Pub with live music concerts. Vysoká 14, Tel:3174-08. Café open 9.30am-3am and Pub 6pm-3am.
* Stoka Theatre- pub, rock concerts, happenings, Pribinová 1, tel. 324 463.
* 17's Bar- live jazz, rock, folk - Fridays, Thursdays. Hviezdoslavovo námestie 17, Tel: 5335-135 (next to Mladosť movie theater).
* Umelka Café, Umelecká záhrada- Garden pub and restaurant with jazz Thursdays, Country Fridays and Folk Music weekends. Dostojevsého rad 2, Tel:3658-54. Open daily 9am-11pm.
* U-CLUB- alternative and dance music with live rock concerts on Fridays and Satur-days. Pod hradnou skalou, Tel. 0905/274 906. Open Fri and Sat 10pm-5am
SUMMER OF CULTURE '98
27 August: Chamber Concert presents soloists, A.Popovič-conductor and M.Škuta (Slovakia) at Klarisky Concert Hall at 7pm.
28 August: Jazz Concert by J. Burian, J.Tatár, J. Griglák and friends at Old Town Courtyard at 8.30pm
30 August: 22nd year of Organ Music Days presents Peter Reiffers from Slovakia at the Music Hall of the Bratislava Castle at 7pm
Teatro Tatro- Minas Tirith - Minas Morgul. Dedicated to J.R.R.Tolkien and his fantasy novel Lord of the Rings. Attractive theatre performance with fireworks comes to Bratislava after having been an extraordinary success in Europe. Old Town Courtyard, admission 90 Sk. Starts at 8.30pm
For further information and bookings for Summer of Culture events, call the City Culture Centre, Uršulínska 11, Tel: 5332- 942 (Booking), 5313-020 (Information), open Mon-Fri 10am-5pm or City Centre Bratislava - Old City, Zichy Palace, Ventúrska 9, Tel: 533-1677, open Mon-Sun 8am-6pm