MUSEUMS, EXHIBITIONS AND GALLERIES
* KunstHaus Wien- Picasso. This secret collection of 130 works (portraits, erotic drawings, terracottas) is being shown for the first time in Vienna. Admission 60-90 ATS. Untere Weissgerberstrasse 13, open daily 10-7pm. Ends August 30.
* MAK- Out of Actions - Aktionismus, Body Art & Performance (1949-1979). The exhibition presents action-oriented art and performance in an international context and as a pivotal and radical phenomenon that totally changed the course of post war art. The form was developed by the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles. Austrian Museum of Applied Arts, Stubenring 5, Wien 1, Tel.: +431 711 360. Guided tours, Tel: +431 711 36298. Admission 90 ATS, open daily. Ends September 6.
* Kunsthalle Wien- Crossings, The Art of Listening and Seeing. The exhibition displays works by more than 40 artists: the spectrum ranges from contemplative installations to sound sculptures, from video installations to works of art that deal with sound and music. Admission 80 ATS. Ends September 13.
* Pipilotti Rist. Remake of the Weekend. Pipilotti Rist is interested in video installations and shows a new one entitled Remake of the Weekend, alongside works like Ever is Over All or Pamela. The main show deals with a way of life that concentrates all expectations on the weekend in the hope of making up for what was missed during the daily routine of the rest of the week. Ends August 30. Admission 60 ATS. Museumsplatz 1, Tel: +431 521 89 33, open daily from 10am to 6pm.
* 1998 Organ Concerts in Schubert Church Lichtental. 16 August - E. Lederer-Vardon and H.Lederer plays Bach and Vivaldi. 23 August Shin-Young Jang plays Bach and Lubeck. Marktgasse 40. Starts at 7.45pm every Sunday.
JUST FOR YOU
* Vienna is a third UN headquarters, after Geneva and New York. Take a guided tour of the Vienna International Centre in any of 12 languages. Experienced guides will inform you about the work of the UNO and take you around the architecturally impressive building. They will show you a large conference room where government representatives hold their discussions, with simultaneous interpretations in the six official languages of the UNO. You will also see exhibits and documentary films on the work of UNO Vienna. Guided tours Mon - Fri at 11am and 2pm. Vienna Internationale Centre, Wagramer Strasse 5, Tel: +431 2134-53328/4193.