Museums, Exhibitions and Galleries
* Palais Harrach- Retrospective of Henry Moore (1898-1986) - paintings. Freyung 3, open 10am-6pm. Ends August 9.
* MAK Gallery- Liz Larner - dimensional sculptures. I thought I saw a pussy cat describes a three dimensional sculptural pattern that disguises itself with colour, in which the disguise is more perceivable than the pattern. Since the end of the 80s Liz Larner, who lives in LA, has been exclusively concerned with sculpture and the spatial and material experience of sculptural form. Ends July 26.
* MAK Centre-Prima Vista-20th century Purchases and Gifts. *Extravagant dresses from the 20s., colorful fabrics and plastic bags from the 50s, eccentric hats and accessories provide insights into 20th century fashion and textile design. Ends June 28. Austrian Museum of Applied Arts, Stubenring 5, tel.: +431-711-360. Guided tours, tel.: +431-711-36298.
* Kunstforum Bank Austria- From Monet to Picasso. Freyung 8, Tel. 01 711 91 57 43. Open daily 10-6pm, Thur 10-9pm. Ends June 28.
* The Rolling Stones. July 11. Tickets cost 559 ATS ($45). For tickets and information, call Ticket express in Vienna, Tel. 0043 1 1793. Tickets also available also for 999 Sk at all SATUR Travel agencies and Pavian Music, Panská street in Bratislava.
For tickets and information, call Ticket Express in Vienna at Tel.: +431-1793.
* Jazz Festival- James Brown July 3, Van Morrison July 4. Tickets cost 360 to 480 ATS ($28-38).
* Deep Purple, July 5. Tickets cost 360 ATS ($28).
* Festival Forestgleit (3 days) - The Cure, Chumbawamba, Pulp, Levellers, Rammstein. July 17-19. Tickets start at 420 ATS ($33) for one day and 990 ATS ($78) for all three days. For tickets and information, call Jugend Info der Stadt Wien, Belaria-Passage, open Mon-Sat 12am-7pm, Tel. 0043 1 17 99, Fax 4000 99 84086.
For tickets and information, call Jugend-Info der Stadt Wien, Bellaria-Passage, open Mon-Sat 12 am-7pm, or Tel.: +431-1799.
Special for you
Vienna Info Links in English
Vienna Tourist Board
18. Jun 1998 at 0:00 | Soňa Bellušová