* MAK Gallery - Liz Larner - dimensional sculptures. "I thought I saw a pussy cat" describes a three dimensional sculptural pattern that disguises itself with colour. Since the end of the 80s, Liz Larner, who lives in LA, has been exclusively concerned with sculpture and the spatial and material experience of sculptural form. You have to see it in person to understand what Liz is talking about. July 26.
* MAK Centre - Prima Vista - 20th Century Purchases and Gifts. Extravagant dresses from the 20s, colourful fabrics and plastic handbags from the 50s, eccentric hats and accessories provide insights into 20th century fashion and textile design. Ends June 28
* Kunstforum Bank Austria - From Monet to Picasso. Freyung 8, Tel. 01 711 91 57 43. Open daily 10-6pm, Thur 10-9pm. Ends June 28.
* Elton John and Billy Joel. Tickets cost 490 to 990 ATS ($40-80).
* The Rolling Stones. Tickets cost 559 ATS ($45).
For tickets and information call Ticket Express in Vienna at Tel.: (0043) 1 1793.
* Jazz Festival - Van Morrison, James Brown. Tickets cost 360 to 480 ATS ($28-38).
* Deep Purple. Tickets are 360 ATS ($28).
* Festival Forestgleit (3 days) - The Cure, Chumbawamba, Pulp, Levellers, Rammstein. Tickets start at 420 ATS ($33) for one day to 990 ATS ($78) for all 3 days.
For tickets and information call Jugend-Info der Stadt Wien, Bellaria-Passage, open Mon-Sat 12am-7pm, or Tel. (00431) 17 99 or Fax (4000) 99 84086.
21. May 1998 at 0:00 | Soňa Belušová