* Tsing Tao - Trnavská cesta 23/a, Tel. /Fax: 525 4267, open daily from 11:30 to 11 pm, free parking, close to Winter stadium (Zimny Štadión). English and German menu. Prices: Expensive, with reasonably priced lunch menu. This is the place to hold an event, Peking Duck or company dinners. The service is attentive and speaks Chinese, English, Slovak, Hungarian and Dutch. Beautiful, airy oriental decor. Food choices are extensive and every dish is terrific. The place is a favorite of the Chinese Embassy, which has to tell you something. Lunch menu every day from 11:30 to 5pm for only 129 Sk, includes - soup, choice of main dish, small dessert, drink not included.
* Shanghai - Food Market, Gorkého 1, open daily form 10:30 to 10 p.m. Menu: Only Slovak, Chinese. Prices: Reasonable. Shanghai opened a little stand in the Food Market next to Spaghetti and Co., It is the only Chinese food that is served fairly quickly The food is uninspiring, but takes care of a sudden craving.
* Hua Li Kong - Laurinská 3, open daily form 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Tel. 533-3865, no parking. English and German menu. Prices: Expensive. Extravagant place that attracts the mobile phone carrying yuppy lunch crowd because of its great location in the center of the Old Town. The food is tasty, but the service is a little overpowering and overanxious.
* Jasmin - Židovská 7, open daily from 11:30 to 11 p.m., Tel. 531-5182, free parking. English and German menu. Prices: Moderate to expensive. Great location under the castle across from the cathedral. The best spicy sichuan chinese food in town. Order the meal for two or three people to sample a great variety of well-prepared dishes. Lunch menu from 12am to 3pm for 138 and 158 Sk.
* Hong Kong - Jurigovo square 1, open daily from 11:30 to 11 p.m., Tel. 722-768, free parking. English and German menu. Prices: Moderate. Far from city center on the way to Dubravka. A large open space with over 100 place settings. Hardly ever full, but speedy service compensates. The food is fine, but atmosphere is synthetic.
* Tokyo, Japanese restaurant - Stromová 6, 1st floor, Tel. 375-406, open daily 11 a.m-10:30 p.m. English and German menu. Prices: Expensive with good lunch menu prices. The only one of its kind in Slovakia. A friendly place in traditional Japanese decor. Sushi, Sashimi, Tempura and other kinds of Japanese food are the real deal. Get a chef to prepare the meal right at your table. The place offers also traditional Japanese room Tatami. Lunch menu from 80 to 160 Sk. On Sundays order over 1,000 Sk worth of food and receive a 10% discount.