* Profil Gallery - Tibor Huszár - Photographs of Koloman Sokol (famous 19th century Slovak painter). Prepoštská 4, open Thu-Sun 1-6pm. Ends May 3.
* Slovak National Gallery - Oscar Dominguez in Czechoslovakia. The exhibit presents paintings and drawings as well as sculptures and jewellery. The restaging of this monograph exhibition was arranged by the Art Museum in Olomouc. Rázusovo nábrežie 2, open Tue-Sun 10am-6pm, tel. 533 2081. Ends May 6.
* Pálffy Palace - Jozef Gertli Danglar - Fairytales for naughty children (comic illustrations). Panská 19, open daily except Mon, 10am-5pm, tel. 5333 627. Ends May 3.
JAZZ, ROCK AND FOLK
* BOOMERANG- the biggest house&techno party in Slovakia at the Vajnory airport, April 24 from 8 pm to 6pm. Program: technical support DJşs Dalo & Tibor, Toky Boomerang residents, DJ Benko - subtech, videoprojection at 8pm - Watt Sound & free haircuts [No Kidding]. Tickets available at Dr. Horak, Medena 19, tel. 533 56 67, and Pavian Music, Panska 14, tel. 531 98 56, or from 150 to 200 Sk at the door.
* LUCIE (Czech rock band). 10 year anniversary exclusive performance. May 13, 7pm, Zimny Štadión O. Nepelu (Winter stadium). Tickets from 240-300 Sk but be warned, they are going fast. Tickets available at Pavian Music, Panská 14, 531 98 56; Dr. Horák, Medená 19, tel. 533 56 67; PKO Ticket office, Hviezdoslavovo námestie 24, tel. 5333 867 .
CHECK OUT !
* Aligator Restaurant - Jazz and Blues Thursdays, Laurinská street (next to ZOE fashion)
* 17's Bar (live music) jazz, rock, folk - Fridays, Thursdays, Hviezdoslavovo námestie (next to Mladosť Cinema).
* Duna Club - rock, house, hip student dance club. Radlinského street.
* Kráter Club- café and pub, loud live music during the week. Vysoká street off Obchodná street.
* Stoka Theatre- pub, rock concerts, happenings. Pribinová 1, tel. 324 463.
* Hysteria Pub- Mexican food. Jazz and Blues Wednesdays. Mexican cuisine. (next to Zimny Štadión).
MUSEUMS AND GALLERIES
* The Bratislava Castle houses historical exhibitions from the Slovak National Museum, such as historical furniture, clocks, silver church sculptures and Slovak crafts. The castle is one of the most significant buildings in the country. Mudroňova street, open daily except Mon., 9am-5pm, tel. 5431 626.
* The Old Town Hall is a complex of buildings from various periods situated in the city center - the building preserves its original Gothic design, and is located on the Main square. Primaciálne nám. 3, open daily except Mon., 10am-5pm.
* BIBIANA- "Welcome to Fable Land - stories from the lives of animals". Panská 41, open daily except Mon., 10am - 6pm, tel. 5331 388. Ends May 31
23. Apr 1998 at 0:00 | Soňa Bellušová