Museums, Exhibitions and Galleries
* Kunst Historische Museum (Art and History Museum) - Pieter Brueghel d.A., Pieter Brueghel D.j. and Jan Brueghel. The Museum offers a special exhibition - Tradition and ingenuity of the 16th Century Flemish Art Family. Kunst Historische Museum houses permanent exhibitions of Egyptian and Asian Collections, the Collection of Greek and Roman Antiquities, the Collection of Sculpture and Decorative Arts, the Picture Gallery, the Coin Gallery. Maria -Theresien Platz, open Mo-Sun 10am-6pm, Thur 10am-9pm. Entrance fee 100 ATS, students and senior citizens 70 ATS, tel. 5252, till April 14.
* Palais Harrach - Retrospective of Henry Moore (1898-1986) - paintings. Freyng 3, open 10 am-6 pm.March 16- August 9.
* KunstHaus Vienna - COBRA, Copenhague, Bruxelles, Amsterdam (various artists) paintings. Untere Weissgerberstrasse 13, open daily 10am-7pm, tel. 712 04 95, till May 3.
* Upper Belvedere Palace - Kiki Kogelnik (1935-1997) - paintings. A retrospective dedicated to the work of the Austrian artist Kiki Kogelnik is being held at the Upper Belvedere Palace. Influenced by New York and European traditions and her own Austrian origins, her work includes early abstract works made in Vienna and American Pop Art pictures. Prinz-Eugen Srasse 27, open Tue-Sun 10am-5pm. English tour avavilable on Sunday at 2.30pm, admission 20,- ATS, tel. 79557 134, till May 3.
* Kunstforum of Bank Austria - From Monet to Picasso (paintings). Freyung 8, open daily 10 am - 6 pm.
* National Museum (Museum fur Volkerkunde) - Himalaya in photos of Benedetto Fellin. Neue Burg, Heldenplatz, open daily except Thursday 10am-6pm, till March 30.
* Gallery Gerersdofrer - Marc Chadall - Bible illustrations. Wahringer Strasse 12, open Thur-Sun 11am-8pm, tel. 310-8484.
* Jazzland - Franz-Jozefs-Kai 29, tel.: 533-2575.
* Porgy & Bess - Spielgasse 2, tel.: 512-8438.
* Austria Center Vienna - Hubertsdamm 6, tel. 236-9150.
* Shonborn Palace - Enjoy an evening of music in one of Vienna's most beatiful palaces with works of Beethoven, Haydn, Bach, Vivaldi and Mozart. Palais Shonborn, Renngasse 4, tel. 214-04014, fax 216-7142 for reservations.
Special for you
* L. Heiner Conditorei (Sweet shop) - Have you ever tried famous Austrian chocolate? Try some beautiful Sacher Torte (120 ATS) at this famous Vienna retailer. Wollzeile strasse, open daily 10 am-9pm.
26. Mar 1998 at 0:00 | Researched and compiled by Soňa Bellušová.