IN SHORT

Removal of Mojžiš planned?

PRIVATE news channel TA3 reported that, according to its sources, the recall of Ján Mojžiš, former head of the National Security Office (NBÚ), was planned and that the removal was the result of an intelligence operation by the country's intelligence service (SIS) and military intelligence (VOS).

Mojžiš was recalled on October 2, several weeks after Prime Minister Mikuláš Dzurinda declared he had "totally lost trust" in the official.

According to TA3, SIS allegedly asked VOS to collect discrediting materials on Mojžiš to enable his recall.

PM Dzurinda, as well as SIS spokesman Vladimír Šimko, denied the allegations.

Dzurinda said: "That is not nice and it's untrue. It's a crazy lie."

Top stories

News digest: Fear and anger are prevaling emotions in Slovakia, president said

Kočner and Zsuzsová charged with planning murders. PCR tests are free for symptomatic people.


3 h
President Zuzana Caputova delivers her state of the republic address in parliament on September 27, 2021.

President Čaputová: We need to protect this world and Slovakia's place in it

In her speech about the state of the republic, the president offered a grim summary of the pandemic so far. Slovakia is in desperate need of stability.


9 h
Ahmedur Rashid Chowdhury (aka Tutul)

Bratislava reminds me of Bangladesh, says exiled writer

Ahmedur Rashid Chowdhury calls on the Slovak capital to help exiled writers and artists work through their trauma.


14 h
Most Slovak believe that “we” should also include foreigners, although they are quick to point out that efforts to integrate should be undertaken mainly by the foreigners themselves.

What Slovaks shouldn’t forget when they dream of the perfect foreigner

Bratislava’s mayor is right that integration is a two-way street, but even the capital still has some way to go to see foreigners as residents rather than just visitors.


27. sep
Skryť Close ad