Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Commission approves telecoms deal

THE EUROPEAN Commission (EC) yesterday gave its approval for the total takeover by Slovak Telecom of Eurotel Bratislava, though they will continue to operate as independent companies.

As Slovak Telecom already owns a majority stake in EuroTel. The Commission stated that the concentration of the two companies would not have a major impact on competition in the telecoms market, according to the TASR news agency

Slovak Telecom, which already owned 51 percent of EuroTel, recently bought the remaining 49 percent from the Altantic West consortium.

Compiled by Martina Jurinová from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Top stories

How the national emblem appeared – including so far secret communism designs

Even Slovaks often do not know why the national emblem depicts a white double-cross, and not the Kriváň peak, or the design by artist Vincent Hložník. They also do not know why it makes a difference whether it is…

Offical Slovak national emblem and colours

Bratislava Zoo will have new wolf breeding station

One of most significant investments of the Bratislava Zoo in the year 2017 will be the building of a new wolf breeding station.

Foreigners: Events around Slovakia Photo

Tips for performances and other events in the Slovak regions between February 17 and February 26, including a race on old wooden sleighs, an operetta premiere, a lot of jazz, classical and rock music, and more.

Rce in krňačky sleighing, Turecká 2017

Some food really is better in Austria, study finds

EC says its role is to monitor safety, not quality – but Slovaks want the same as Austrians, says minister.

Illustrative stock photo