Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

IN SHORT

SE privatization contract made public

THE TRANSACTION documents on the privatization of a 66-percent stake in power producer Slovenské elektrárne (SE) have been available for public scrutiny at the Economy Ministry since April 18, the TASR news agency wrote.

The ministry decided to provide public access to the documents after getting approval from Italian firm Enel, which signed the purchase documents on February 17 this year.

Nevertheless, in accordance with the law on access to information, there still remains some secret information because of its confidential nature.

However, the ministry is not making any of the documents available on its website, as was previously announced.

After signing the contract in February, Enel paid 20 percent of the agreed purchase price of €840 million (Sk32.8 billion), or some €168 million (Sk4.31 billion). The remaining 80 percent (€672m) will be paid after the closure of the deal.

Before that happens, however, Enel must fulfil 16 conditions. According to Economy Minister Pavol Rusko this will happen by the middle of 2005.

Top stories

LGBTI people in the regions: We change people’s minds

Bratislava will dress up in rainbow colours this August again, for the seventh time. This will be for the Bratislava Dúhový Pride diversity festival. But the colours of the rainbow are less bright in the regions,…

Slovakia’s LGBTI community seeks to expand their rights.

Foreigners: Events around Slovakia Photo

Tips for performances and other events in Slovak regions between August 18 and 27, including an air show, a multi-genre urban festival, a clown show, a festival of teamsters, a golf tournament, and a lot of music.

Slávncia Airshow 2012

Blog: 5 things you should do on your visit to the north of Slovakia Photo

Here is a list of tips by an experienced tour guide - including things you have probably not tried before.

Crisis ends in Danko’s defeat

Education minister steps down following Fico’s call, Danko not ruling out he might leave politics.

Former education minister Peter Plavčan and PM Robert Fico on July 24.