Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

BUSINESS DIARY

COOP Jednota with 2004 turnover of Sk2.563 billion


Food retail chain COOP Jednota Bratislava reported total retail turnover of Sk2.563 billion (€70 million) for the year 2004. Compared with 2003 this is a drop of 3.1 percent. The retail chain ascribes the fall to tight competition on the market in Bratislava, in particular from foreign retail chains Lidl and Kaufland.



Stredoslovenské žriedla doubled revenues in 2004


Stredoslovenské žriedla, producer of Budiš and Fatra mineral waters, reported operating revenues of Sk55.7 million (€1.42 million) for the year 2004. The company thus more than doubled its revenues, reported at Sk24.2 million (€62,000) in 2003. However, operating costs also grew at the same pace last year. They picked up from Sk22.7 million (€580,000) at the end of 2003 to last year's Sk55.8 million (€1.42 million).

Stredoslovenské žriedla closed last year with a net profit of Sk1.42 million (€40,000). In 2003, the company reported a net profit of Sk1.68 million (€40,000).



Rigips Slovakia with Sk539 million turnover


Insulation materials and plasterboard maker Rigips Slovakia closed the financial year, running from April last year to March this year, with a turnover of Sk539 million (€13.74 million).

This represents a 30-percent year-on-year increase. The company's marketing manager, Pavol Ugor, told the SITA news agency that Rigips plans to exceed last year's turnover by expanding production.

The company mostly concentrated on plasterboard production that made up 60 percent of the company's sales. The company distributes its products across the whole of Slovakia and also abroad.

British concern BPB, the parent company of Rigips Slovakia, has invested Sk65 million (€1.66 million) over the last ten years in Slovakia.



NCHZ reports total Q1 sales of Sk1.4 billion


Novácke chemické závody (NCHZ), one of the major chemical producers in Slovakia, reported total sales of Sk1.402 billion (€40 million) for the first quarter of 2005. This represents a growth of 12-percent from a year ago.

"During the first three months of the year we earned a net profit of Sk36.9 million (€940,000) compared with a loss of Sk5 million (€130,000) reported during the same period of the previous year," said NCHZ director general Ľuboš Beňo. He added that the company generated added value of Sk244.8 million (€6.24 million) during the first three months of 2005.



SPP to pay dividends of Sk19.291 billion


Gas utility Slovenský plynárenský priemysel (SPP) will pay its shareholders dividends of Sk19.291 billion (€490 million) from last year's net profit of Sk21.6 billion (€550 million).

SPP's economy and finance division's director Libor Briska told the media that government privatization agency the National Property Fund (FNM), as a 51-percent shareholder in SPP, will thus obtain Sk9.838 billion (€250 million) in dividends from the company.

Following its partial privatization in July 2002 the government controls 51 percent in SPP through the FNM and the Economy Ministry performs shareholder rights on its behalf. A consortium of French Gaz de France and German Ruhrgas controls the other 49 percent.


Compiled by Spectator staff from SITA reports

The processing of personal data is subject to our Privacy Policy and the Cookie Policy. Before submitting your e-mail address, please make sure to acquaint yourself with these documents.

Top stories

People marched for LGBTI rights in Bratislava

Take a look at the Bratislava Rainbow Pride 2018 that took place on Saturday, July 14.

First Slovak LGBTI activist has fought for 40 years

Czechoslovakia was one of the first countries to say homosexuality is not a crime, also thanks to the first activists like Imrich Matyáš.

Imrich Matyáš (r) met with German publicist and lawyer Kurt Hiller (second r) in Ľubochňa in 1935.

Measles might spread further west

Police will assist the vaccination in communities from where the epidemic spread.

This is why I support the Pride march

There is still a lot of work ahead of us in the United States, in Slovakia, and around the world to fight for equal rights for everyone no matter who they are or who they love, writer US Ambassador to Slovakia.

Slovakia's first Gay Pride parade crossed Bratislava's New Bridge on May 22.