Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Non-profit organizations receive Sk878 million from taxes

SLOVAK non-profit organizations received Sk878.4 million (€22.54 million) from the two-percent tax that individuals and companies could allocate from their taxes until the end of July, news wire SITA wrote.

Robert Merva, spokesman for the Slovak Tax Directorate, further announced that corporate entities allocated Sk579.4 million (€14.87 million); the rest came from personal income taxes.

Up to July 31, the Tax Directorate registered approximately 430,000 allocation announcements from taxpayers instructing transfers of two percent of their paid income tax; 13,700 came from corporate entities; 416,600 from private individuals.

Tax offices transferred the total amount to the accounts of 5,746 non-profit organizations registered on the list of eligible beneficiaries.

Compiled by Beata Balogová from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Top stories

How did Communism happen in Czechoslovakia?

For the 40 years, Czechs and Slovaks would celebrate February 25 as Victorious February, even though the enthusiasm of most of those who supported Communists in 1948 would very quickly evaporate.

Prime Minister Klement Gottwald (right) swears an oath into the hands of President Edvard Benes on February 27, 1948 at the Prague Castle.

Cemetery with a remarkable creative concept Photo

The shapes of tombstones were prescribed until 1997

Vrakuňa Cemetery in Bratislava

Being young is harder than it used to be

The failure of older generations to sympathise with youth means politics are primarily a contest of who can hand out more gifts to old people.

Young Slovaks have problems finding proper jobs.

Historian: After 1948, Czechoslovakia was paralysed with fear

On February 25, Czechs and Slovaks mark 70 years since the rise of Communism in their common state. Historian Jan Pešek talks about the coup and its aftermath.

Demonstration in Prague, Wenceslas' Square, on February 28, 1948.