IVAN Valentovič, the former health minister, may become the next chairman of the supervisory board of the Health Care Supervisory Office (ÚDZS).
At its session on June 25, the cabinet agreed to dismiss former chairman Vojtech Lazar and other three members of the supervisory board. Ministers approved candidates for the top post as well as for two of the vacant board posts, the SITA newswire wrote. The new appointments must still receive the approval of parliament.
The recently-appointed health minister, Richard Raši, told SITA that preparations to overhaul the board had been underway for months and that the process had already begun during the ministerial term of Valentovič.
“Two of the original members of the board are directors of private health facilities, something I personally regard as a moral conflict,” said Raši, explaining the changes to the composition of the supervisory board. Moreover, he said, two members only infrequently attended board meetings.
The ÚDZS board members ousted on June 25 are Marián Petko, Daniel Végh and Peter Horváth. Peter Janko and Jozef Molitor are proposed as their successors.
The third vacancy will be filled later. As a result, Milan Považan, the board’s deputy chairman, is the only one of the five-member supervisory board to retain his post.
Ex-minister Valentovič resigned from his ministerial post on June 3, citing personal reasons. He was replaced by Richard Raši.
30. Jun 2008 at 0:00 | Compiled by Spectator staff from press reports