Bulletin-board tender inspection still deadlocked

The inspections of documentation relating to the so-called bulletin-board tender at the Construction and Regional Development Ministry that the Public Procurement Office (ÚVO) and the Supreme Audit Bureau (NKÚ) have been carrying out have reached a 'deadlock', said the director of the NKÚ communications and public relations department, Lenka Nosálová, on April 6

The inspections of documentation relating to the so-called bulletin-board tender at the Construction and Regional Development Ministry that the Public Procurement Office (ÚVO) and the Supreme Audit Bureau (NKÚ) have been carrying out have reached a 'deadlock', said the director of the NKÚ communications and public relations department, Lenka Nosálová, on April 6

The ÚVO still hasn't completed its inspection, which began last year, even though the chairperson of the inspection commission is back at work after an illness, the TASR newswire reported. The NKÚ has expressed its dissatisfaction with the ÚVO, whose response to a recent NKÚ request for informtion didn’t include a professional statement, TASR wrote.

“The NKÚ will wait for the official results of the inspection carried out by the ÚVO,” said Nosálová. She rejected a public statement made by ÚVO chairman Béla Angyal indicating that NKÚ already had all the materials that it needed to be able to complete the inspection of the tender, as well as the whole case.

“The NKÚ continues to demand a response from the ÚVO chairman to the question of whether the law was or wasn't violated in the case of the inspection of the bulletin-board tender at the Construction Ministry,” according to Nosálová.

The original tender which is the subject of the enquiries into the Construction Ministry was for information and educational activities and for providing legal, interpretation and translation services to secure the preparation and implementation of the ministry’s partly EU-funded operational programmes. Since the tender was published only on an internal bulletin board at the ministry and not in any official journal, it has become known as the bulletin-board tender.

Questions about the tender were raised by several media outlets as early as December 2008. They reported that the Construction Ministry, led by Marián Janušek (a Slovak National Party (SNS) nominee) had allegedly closed agreements with two companies (Avocat and Zamedia) that were said to be close to SNS chairman Ján Slota. The media reported that the contracts were gained by direct order, without a proper public tender competition. TASR

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Top stories

Israeli artist Menachem Edelman-Landau who lives in Banská Štiavnica.

Life of Israeli artist changed forever after he painted a Slovak woman

Painter Menachem Edelman-Landau had to alter his travel plans after an unexpected event turned his life upside down.


20. jun

News digest: Salvator pharmacy will resume its original function

Bratislava marks the 280th anniversary of Maria Theresa's coronation, what to do with unwanted books, and decommissioning a former nuclear plant might take longer than planned.


24. jun
The Knihotaxi runs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Bratislava.

‘Book Taxi’ – new service to sell old books launches

Novels need not end up in trash, says company behind scheme.


24. jun
SkryťClose ad