Prime Minister Robert Fico has called on Construction Minister Marián Janušek to resign over the so-called bulletin board tender scandal, the TASR newswire was told by the Government Office’s press department director Braňo Ondruš on Thursday evening, April 9.
“If he won't do so by April 14 (Tuesday), the prime minister will submit a proposal to President Ivan Gašparovič to dismiss him from the government,” said Ondruš.
Ondruš also told TASR that investigation at the ministry, one by Public Procurement Office (ÚVO) and another by the Supreme Audit Office (NKÚ), were initiated by Fico at the end of 2008. ÚVO announced earlier on April 9 that it has found serious errors made on part of the ministry in the controversial tender.
The media cast doubt on the tender last year, noting that it was only announced on a bulletin board at the ministry. Construction and Regional Development Minister Marian Janusek, a Slovak National Party (SNS) nominee, then signed contracts worth €120 million with a consortium including two companies (Avocat and Zamedia) that are said to be close to SNS party leader Ján Slota. TASR
Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.
10. Apr 2009 at 10:00