Universities in Slovakia: 35
Public universities (20)
- public-service, independent institutions which are created by law. The respective laws also state each university’s name, categorisation and location.
- military, police and health-care universities.
Private universities (10)
- legal persons located in the Slovak Republic, or in another EU or EEA member state or Switzerland, which are established or founded for education and/or research and are entitled to act as private universities if the government of the Slovak Republic grants permission.
Foreign universities (2)
- provide higher education in the Slovak Republic pursuant to the legal requirements of the state where they are located, ba sed on a permit granted by the Ministry of Education. The rights and duties of students of foreign universities are not subject to Slovak education laws.
Source: Ministry of Education
27. Apr 2009 at 0:00 | Compiled by Spectator staff from press reports