Former minister says state will not recover €11.62 million from bulletin-boad tender

Former Finance Minister and SDKÚ vice-chair Ivan Mikloš said on April 28 that even though the contract awarded in the disputed bulletin-board tender will be cancelled by the consortium of companies, it will not change the fact that the state will lose the €11.62 million that has been already paid out to the consortium, as reported by the TASR newswire.

Former Finance Minister and SDKÚ vice-chair Ivan Mikloš said on April 28 that even though the contract awarded in the disputed bulletin-board tender will be cancelled by the consortium of companies, it will not change the fact that the state will lose the €11.62 million that has been already paid out to the consortium, as reported by the TASR newswire.

The Construction Ministry awarded this €120 million contract to a consortium of companies, two of which are close to SNS leader Ján Slota, TASR wrote. The opposition parties have been criticising the tender for five months now. It was only after criticism of the tender on part of the EU that Prime Minister Robert Fico ordered the newly-appointed Construction Minister, Igor Štefanov, to cancel the contract. The previous minister resigned earlier in April.

Mikloš said that PM Fico and the ministry are responsible for this wasted €11.62 million, as Fico knew about the disputed tender for several months and did nothing. Mikloš said that were it not for European institutions that the whole amount of money of the taxpayers would have been stolen away. TASR

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Top stories

White Crow laureates (l-r): Andrej Belák, Jolana and Štefan Náther, Jaroslav Macek

The stories of White Crow laureates show how important it is to speak up against injustice

The awards went to four initiatives in justice, education, health care and minorities.

23 h
The mass testing in Nitra.

News digest: Results from weekend nationwide testing still not out

The parliamentary committee recommends one candidate for new police chief. NASA picks a picture by Slovak photographer as its Astronomy Picture of the Day.

17 h
Gábor Grendel (OĽaNO), Juraj Šeliga (Za Ľudí), and SaS MPs Marian Viskupič and Jana Bittó Cigániková.

Matovič government takes after Smer in lawmaking

The second-largest testing scheme of the whole population is underway in Slovakia. Government says they ordered enough vaccines. Layoffs of transnationals in Bratislava.

22 h
PM Igor Matovič (front) and Economy Minister Richard Sulík (back)

Hlas is gaining strength, along with Sulík’s SaS

At the same time, most people think PM Matovič is not managing the coronavirus crisis well.

24 h