Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Sole bid for third PPP package to be assessed in 2-3 weeks

The evaluation of the only bid submitted for the tender for motorway construction within the third package of private public partnership (PPP) projects should be completed within two to three weeks, said Transport, Posts and Telecommunications Minister Ľubomír Vážny to the TASR newswire on May 13. “The evaluation is currently underway. Only one bid has been submitted. The competition is valid, however. The Public Procurement Act doesn't rule out only one bid being submitted and evaluated,” said Vážny, as quoted by TASR.

The evaluation of the only bid submitted for the tender for motorway construction within the third package of private public partnership (PPP) projects should be completed within two to three weeks, said Transport, Posts and Telecommunications Minister Ľubomír Vážny to the TASR newswire on May 13.

“The evaluation is currently underway. Only one bid has been submitted. The competition is valid, however. The Public Procurement Act doesn't rule out only one bid being submitted and evaluated,” said Vážny, as quoted by TASR.

Although he wouldn't specify the name of the bidder, it is thought to be a consortium made up of the following companies: Hochtief PPP Solutions GmbH, Alpine Bau GmbH, FCC Construcción S.A. and Western Carpathians Motorway Investors Company GmbH.

According to Vážny, there are indications that a second potential applicant didn't manage to submit its bid within the deadline on May 11. “Had the indications been official and from both bidders, I was ready to hold back the deadline for the submission of offers, but as these indications didn't come from both parties, we stuck to the original deadline,” the minister added.

The three PPP projects should enable Slovakia to finance the construction of some 150 kilometres of road infrastructure, with the expenditures amounting to €4.17 billion. TASR

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

The processing of personal data is subject to our Privacy Policy and the Cookie Policy. Before submitting your e-mail address, please make sure to acquaint yourself with these documents.

Top stories

Coronations return to Bratislava Photo

This year Bratislava will recall the coronation of Leopold II, the younger son of Maria Theresa.

Bratislava will again enjoy re-enactment of coronation ceremony

Police detain another person in promissory notes case

Ex-director of private broadcaster TV Markíza, Pavol Rusko, was detained shortly after being heard.

Pavol Rusko

For a Decent Slovakia organise another protest for June 22

At the same time, they are suing ex-PM Robert Fico, in response to his statements made during the protest rallies in February, citing fear-mongering and defamation.

For a Decent Slovakia represenattives - L-R: Lukáš Füle, Karolína Farská, Juraj Šeliga and Veronika Bruncková - filed a suit against ex-PM Robert Fico June 15.

Last Week in Slovakia: Farmers staged a protest by driving across the country Audio

Listen to all the headlines from The Slovak Spectator's news podcast.

Farmers also met President Andrej Kiska in Bratislava