Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Total reported cases of A/H1N1 flu virus in Slovakia reach 99

The week of August 17-23 week saw seven new cases of H1N1 virus or swine flu confirmed in Slovakia, bringing the total number of cases to date to 99, the Public Healthcare Authority said on its website on August 23. Four occurred in the region of Bratislava and one each in the regions of Banská Bystrica, Nitra and Trenčín. No deaths have been reported this past week or at any time since the A/H1N1 virus emerged earlier this year, the TASR newswire wrote. Between August 10 and 19, there were six cases of swine flu confirmed in connection with a sojourn to a summer camp for children (up to age 18) in Italy. The cases were registered in the regions of Banská Bystrica and Bratislava. The summer camp was ended early according to the travel agency in Bratislava which organised the trip. TASR

The week of August 17-23 week saw seven new cases of H1N1 virus or swine flu confirmed in Slovakia, bringing the total number of cases to date to 99, the Public Healthcare Authority said on its website on August 23. Four occurred in the region of Bratislava and one each in the regions of Banská Bystrica, Nitra and Trenčín. No deaths have been reported this past week or at any time since the A/H1N1 virus emerged earlier this year, the TASR newswire wrote.

Between August 10 and 19, there were six cases of swine flu confirmed in connection with a sojourn to a summer camp for children (up to age 18) in Italy. The cases were registered in the regions of Banská Bystrica and Bratislava. The summer camp was ended early according to the travel agency in Bratislava which organised the trip. TASR

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Top stories

Bratislava growing high Photo

High-rise buildings sprouting up in Bratislava

Visualisation of the future skyline of Bratislava

People of Pezinok fighting against landfill again

Dispute over controversial Pezinok waste dump, which started 18 years ago, continues.

The controversial landfill site in Pezinok

Crisis ends in Danko’s defeat

Education minister steps down following Fico’s call, Danko not ruling out he might leave politics.

Former education minister Peter Plavčan and PM Robert Fico on July 24.

First Slovak woman crossed the English Channel

Before her, only six Slovak men had managed to complete the difficult swim.