Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Companies in the energy sector in Slovakia

Slovenské Elektrárne (SE), www.seas.sk-the dominant producer of electricity in Slovakia, with the Italian company Enel holding 66 percent of its shares and the Slovak National Property Fund holding the remaining 34 percent.

Slovenské Elektrárne (SE), www.seas.sk
-the dominant producer of electricity in Slovakia, with the Italian company Enel holding 66 percent of its shares and the Slovak National Property Fund holding the remaining 34 percent.

Slovak Electricity Transmission System (SEPS), ww.sepsas.sk
-operator of the national electricity transmission system

Slovenský Plynárenský Priemysel (SPP), www.spp.sk
-a natural gas utility. The Slovak National Property Fund owns 51 percent of its shares and Slovak Gas Holding B.V. – a consortium of E.ON Ruhrgas and Gaz de France – owns the remainder.

Eustream, www.eustream.sk
-its basic mission is to transport natural gas in Slovakia and through Slovakia to other European markets.

RWE Gas Slovensko, www.rwegas.sk
Probugas, www.probugas.sk

Electricity distributors:
-Západoslovenská Energetika (ZSE),
www.zse.sk
-Stredoslovenská Energetika (SSE), www.sse.sk,
-Východoslovenská Energetika (VSE),www.vse.sk
-Slovenská Energetická, www.energeticka.sk
-ČEZ Slovensko, www.cez.sk
-Slovakia Energy, www.slovakiaenergy.sk

Source: Book of Lists and other sources

Top stories

How did Communism happen in Czechoslovakia?

For the 40 years, Czechs and Slovaks would celebrate February 25 as Victorious February, even though the enthusiasm of most of those who supported Communists in 1948 would very quickly evaporate.

Prime Minister Klement Gottwald (right) swears an oath into the hands of President Edvard Benes on February 27, 1948 at the Prague Castle.

Cemetery with a remarkable creative concept Photo

The shapes of tombstones were prescribed until 1997

Vrakuňa Cemetery in Bratislava

Being young is harder than it used to be

The failure of older generations to sympathise with youth means politics are primarily a contest of who can hand out more gifts to old people.

Young Slovaks have problems finding proper jobs.

Historian: After 1948, Czechoslovakia was paralysed with fear

On February 25, Czechs and Slovaks mark 70 years since the rise of Communism in their common state. Historian Jan Pešek talks about the coup and its aftermath.

Demonstration in Prague, Wenceslas' Square, on February 28, 1948.