Non-parliamentary parties Most-Híd and the Civic Conservative Party (OKS) agreed on Tuesday, February 9, that they will run in the general election in June 2010 on the same ticket, representatives of both parties said at a press conference on the same day, the TASR newswire reported.
According to Most-Híd chairman Béla Bugár, there will be one OKS nominee for every ten candidates on the slate, apart from the first ten candidates, who will all be Most-Hid members. “That was our condition,” said Bugár, adding that his party won't interfere in the selection of OKS nominees.
“A joint slate with Most-Hid is important for us,” said OKS chairman Peter Zajac. Bugár said that discussions also took place on forming a large pre-election coalition consisting of more opposition parties, so that no vote is ‘wasted’. “Nothing has happened so far, however,” he said as quoted by the TASR newswire.
The general election has been announced for June 12. Parties have to register slates with up to 150 candidates by March 14 along with a deposit of €16,596. TASR
Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.
10. Feb 2010 at 14:00