SaS chairman Sulík submits criminal complaint over alleged offer to destabilise the coalition

Freedom and Solidarity (SaS) party leader Richard Sulík filed a complaint with the Prosecutor General's Office on June 28 over a multi-million bribe that was allegedly offered to SaS MP Igor Matovič in exchange for making sure that he and three fellow members of SaS’s ‘Ordinary People’ faction would not support the coalition’s programme statement, the TASR newswire was told. “I’m here over the attempt to buy our MPs, so I hope the Prosecutor General's Office will duly investigate it,” said Sulík, adding that he does not personally know the person who offered the purported bribe to Matovič. Sulík noted that he is submitting the complaint partly because Matovič himself did not act on the matter.

Freedom and Solidarity (SaS) party leader Richard Sulík filed a complaint with the Prosecutor General's Office on June 28 over a multi-million bribe that was allegedly offered to SaS MP Igor Matovič in exchange for making sure that he and three fellow members of SaS’s ‘Ordinary People’ faction would not support the coalition’s programme statement, the TASR newswire was told.

“I’m here over the attempt to buy our MPs, so I hope the Prosecutor General's Office will duly investigate it,” said Sulík, adding that he does not personally know the person who offered the purported bribe to Matovič. Sulík noted that he is submitting the complaint partly because Matovič himself did not act on the matter.

Matovič is aware of my decision, asserted Sulík, and added that despite Matovič's idleness on the issue he continues to trust him. The SaS chairman added that he has filed the complaint in an effort to find out whether the offer was indeed “only a joke”, as Matovič has said.

Source: TASR

For more info on the case, please read SaS party to file criminal complaint over alleged bribe to destabilise coalition.

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Top stories

Marian Kocner at the Supreme Court, June 15, 2021.

Kuciak case: Court overturned the acquittal of Kočner. What happens next?

The original verdict had been surrounded by questions since before it was delivered.


16 h
Marian Kočner

Kuciak murder trial goes back to Specialised Criminal Court

The Supreme Court overturned the original verdict. The first-instance court will deal with the case again and consider newly-proposed evidence.


19 h

News digest: Supreme Court reverses Kočner's acquittal in the Kuciak murder case

Marian Kočner and Alena Zsuzsová to be tried again. Man killed by bear. New embassy established in Slovakia.


18 h
Slovak team

Slovak team surprised to beat favoured Poland in the first match

Leader of the Slovak football representation put on a world class performance.


18 h