RONCO Consulting Corporation (RONCO) is a US firm based in Washington DC. For over three decades, RONCO has provided canine, security, and support services to a host of government and commercial clients across the world to include Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America. Our extensive canine services included Mine Detection Dog Teams, Narcotics Detection Dog Teams, Patrol Dog Teams, Search-and-Rescue Dog Teams, Human Remains Dog Teams,and Explosive Detection Dog Teams.
Currently, RONCO is hiring Explosive Detection Dog Handlers for a contract in Afghanistan.
Below is a brief description of the assignment and its requirements.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put #382 in the subject line.
Minimum requirements for the successful Explosive Detection Dog handler:
• Minimum of one – two years experience as a Certified Explosive Detection Dog Handler (military or police certification)
• Working knowledge of English
• Must be able to obtain a NATO Secret Security Clearance
Desirable but not required additional knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
• Certification as an Explosive Detection Dog or Mine Detection Dog trainer
• Recent military experience in Iraq, and/or Afghanistan
• Operational experience in other security and / or peacekeeping initiatives
Successful candidates must be:
• Self-reliant but able to work as a part of a multi-cultural team
• Experienced working in developing countries in remote locations, under austere living conditions, and challenging environments
• Must be able to deploy overseas for extended periods
Working Conditions and Salary and Benefits:
• 10 to 12-hour days, 6 days per week
• The working environment is remote, confined and isolated, and travel in the local area is very limited
• Up to $3000.00 per month
• 50 days paid holiday and 2 flights per year home
• Teamed with a well-trained Explosive Detection Dog
• Quality uniforms and equipment supplied
4. Aug 2010 at 0:00