A telephone call on the morning of September 16 announced that bombs had been placed in the buildings of Slovakia’s Supreme Court and the Justice Ministry and employees of both institutions were immediately evacuated while the buildings were searched by the police, Supreme Court spokesman Michal Jurči informed the TASR newswire.
Later it was reported that a bomb threat was also made against the headquarters of the Prosecutor General's Office in Bratislava. The spokesperson for the Prosecutor General's Office, Jana Tokolyová, told TASR later in the day that the police finished searching for explosives but had not found anything suspicious.
A 45-year-old woman was arrested by police and brought in for questioning in the district of Levice in Nitra region on suspicion that she had made the anonymous phone calls that led to the evacuations, said the spokesman for Bratislava Region Police Corps, František Peczár. Police also found the woman's mobile phone that they believe was used to make the telephone calls.
Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.
17. Sep 2010 at 10:00