Speed limit drops to 110 km/h on Bratislava-Trnava D1 motorway

As of Monday, November 1, the maximum speed on the D1 motorway between Bratislava and Trnava is reduced from 130 to 110 kilometres per hour, Transport Minister Ján Figeľ said at a briefing at the Zelenec (Trnava Region) motorway lay-by on October 31, the TASR newswire reported. This speed reduction is an attempt to increase road safety on this busy motorway section which was reconstructed last year and saw its emergency lane removed. The speed limit on the far right lane, which replaced the original emergency lane to increase the number of lanes from two to three, will be reduced to 80 kilometres per hour.

As of Monday, November 1, the maximum speed on the D1 motorway between Bratislava and Trnava is reduced from 130 to 110 kilometres per hour, Transport Minister Ján Figeľ said at a briefing at the Zelenec (Trnava Region) motorway lay-by on October 31, the TASR newswire reported.

This speed reduction is an attempt to increase road safety on this busy motorway section which was reconstructed last year and saw its emergency lane removed. The speed limit on the far right lane, which replaced the original emergency lane to increase the number of lanes from two to three, will be reduced to 80 kilometres per hour.

According to Figeľ, another safety measure will be the construction of a number of short hard shoulders. The National Highway Company (NDS) should build six of these by November 15 and another seven by June 30, 2011. These additions will mean that there will be 30 options for an emergency stop. The Transport Ministry came with the measures in the wake of several tragic accidents involving cars that had stopped on the far right line due to mechnical problems.

Source: TASR

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Top stories

News digest: Lockdown not out of the question, PM Matovič says

The overview of news from Wednesday, October 21, 2020.

PM Igor Matovič says lockdown is still in play.

A curfew for those who refuse testing? Lawyers and president have doubts

The government risks the Constitutional Court canceling the nationwide testing.

Illustrative stock photo

The cabinet approves plan for permanent kurzarbeit

The new fund is expected to be introduced from 2022.

Labour Minister Milan Krajniak