Heat producers expect prices for households to grow 2 to 10 percent

Heat prices for households in Slovakia could grow 2 to 10 percent, estimates the chairman of the Slovak Association of Heat Producers, Miroslav Obšívaný, with an average increase of 6 percent, the SITA newswire reported.

Heat prices for households in Slovakia could grow 2 to 10 percent, estimates the chairman of the Slovak Association of Heat Producers, Miroslav Obšívaný, with an average increase of 6 percent, the SITA newswire reported.

This growth reflects higher natural gas prices, cancelled exemptions from the excise tax and the higher VAT rate, he explained, adding that prices for this year have been negatively influenced particularly by the higher price for natural gas used in heat production – up 6.12 percent, as approved by the Regulatory Office for Network Industries.

The price for heat has two components SITA wrote: a variable one that includes all costs of energies used in the production of heat and a fixed one consisting of operating costs and investments of a heat supplier. The variable component constitutes about 70 percent of the final price; the remaining 30 percent falls to the fixed component.

SITA wrote that heat producers which use natural gas as the primary fuel will see an
8.6-percent increase in the variable component, including VAT. The fixed component will rise by 1.3 percent on average from 2010, Obšívaný said. About 80 percent of heat produced in Slovakia is generated from natural gas.

Source: SITA

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Top stories

Cabinet agrees on COVID screening

More details will be presented tomorrow.

Košice

More tips for outings in Bratislava during the lockdown

Walks along the Danube bank offer a feeling of being far from the city rush.

This place, part of Ovsištské Lúky (Ovsište Meadows) in Petržalka, is still Bratislava.

Roundup: Fairytale app that makes children read

An award-winning design by a Slovak architect and a trip to Zádielska dolina valley. Here’s your latest roundup.

A man wearing a face covering sits in an armchair on the snow-covered Main Street in Košice on January 13, 2021.

Police investigate surveillance of journalist, IPI calls for utmost seriousness

Police launch criminal prosecution after Denník N reporter said she was followed and opposition MP Robert Fico wrote about her private life.

l-r: Head of Let's Stop Corruption Foundation Zuzana Petková, journalist Monika Tódová, journalist Adam Valček, and Xénia Makarová of the Let's Stop Corruption Foundation