A MARRIED couple in northern Slovakia had an unexpected experience: after eating what they thought was cooked spinach for their lunch, they needed to call an ambulance.
The Sme daily wrote on January 14 that the 58-year-old woman and her 60-year-old husband were admitted to the Upper Orava hospital after having ingested what the police believe may have been frozen marijuana.
The wife took a frozen, green package from her freezer and believing it was spinach cooked it for lunch. She said that neither the different smell nor the strange foam during cooking made her question what was in the freezer bag.
The local police were informed about the situation by hospital staff, Jana Balogová of the regional police corps told Sme, and after investigating the police have started prosecution against an unknown perpetrator for putting the package of the intoxicating weed into the freezer under the misdemeanour charge of preserving “toxic and psychotropic substances”.
“We are awaiting further results from an expert opinion and the doctor’s report,” Balogová added.
24. Jan 2011 at 0:00 | Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská