The chairmen of Most-Híd and Freedom and Solidarity (SaS) parties, Béla Bugár and Richard Sulík, released a joint statement on February 14 regarding their parties’ relationship and recent statements by former SaS caucus member Igor Matovič, the TASR newswire reported.
"It isn't true that the Most-Híd chairman has cast doubt on SaS's or Richards Sulík's trustworthiness, nor is it true that the situation involving Matovič's dismissal from the SaS caucus would have damaged relations between the coalition partners," said Bugár and Sulík, as quoted by TASR.
Matovič first claimed that it was Bugár who asked Sulík to sack him from the SaS caucus after Matovič voted for an opposition state citizenship bill in parliament last week. Matovič had said that Sulík "fouled himself" at a meeting with Bugár following the parliamentary vote, TASR wrote.
Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.
15. Feb 2011 at 10:00