Belousovová remains in SNS parliamentary caucus so far

The former vice-chair of the Slovak National Party (SNS), Anna Belousovová, has not decided how she will work in parliament but she wants to make her decision known before next month's parliamentary session, the TASR newswire reported.

The former vice-chair of the Slovak National Party (SNS), Anna Belousovová, has not decided how she will work in parliament but she wants to make her decision known before next month's parliamentary session, the TASR newswire reported.

Despite being ejected from her party earlier this month and publicly discussing her new role as an independent MP, Belousovová is still an SNS caucus member. She refused to say why she has stayed in the caucus to date. According to unnamed sources in SNS, Belousovová has stayed on because she does not want to make life any easier for the coalition by leaving the caucus.

SNS vice-chair Rafael Rafaj told the TASR newswire that he is not concerned about reports that some additional MPs, specifically Rudolf Pučík, will possibly leave the SNS caucus on a voluntary basis following Belousovová's ejection from the party.

According to Rafaj, a legal analysis drawn up for SNS indicates that even if Pučík did forsake his SNS affiliation, thereby bringing the number of SNS MPs down to seven, the party's caucus would not be disbanded. TASR wrote that eight legislators are needed to establish a caucus but since SNS entered parliament with more than that number, the legal argument is that the caucus would continue to exist.

Source: TASR

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Top stories

News digest: Lockdown not out of the question, PM Matovič says

The overview of news from Wednesday, October 21, 2020.

PM Igor Matovič says lockdown is still in play.

A curfew for those who refuse testing? Lawyers and president have doubts

The government risks the Constitutional Court canceling the nationwide testing.

Illustrative stock photo

The cabinet approves plan for permanent kurzarbeit

The new fund is expected to be introduced from 2022.

Labour Minister Milan Krajniak