SLOVAKIA’S National Highway Company (NDS) has cancelled a tender for the construction of the second stage of the Jánovce-Jablonov stretch of the D1 motorway in eastern Slovakia, NDS head Alan Sitár told the TASR newswire on May 9.
He said the decision had been taken because one of the participants in the tender may seek a court review of a decision by the Public Procurement Office (ÚVO), adding that this may ultimately lead to a court injunction halting the tender and future construction. The NDS head stated that cancellation was the only way to address the issue.
A new competition for the highway section could probably be announced within three weeks, with the bid envelopes opened some time in late summer, Sitár said, while adding that the NDS remains committed to its strategic objective of completing individual highway stretches of the Bratislava-Košice D1 highway link.
The overall timeline for completing the project should be announced soon after the Transport Ministry publicly releases its strategy for highway construction, TASR wrote, adding that the ministry has stated that quality, transparency and efficiency will be the overarching principles.
16. May 2011 at 0:00 | Compiled by Spectator staff