Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Court approves halt in Tipos restructuring

The restructuring application submitted by national lottery company Tipos has been stopped by the Bratislava I District Court after the court accepted a proposal by the company to withdraw the restructuring request, the TASR newswire reported. The company withdrew its application after the Constitutional Court on May 13 accepted a complaint from Tipos in which the company claimed that its fundamental commercial legal rights had been violated. "Although Tipos was found to be in a state of imminent bankruptcy, recent facts and circumstances in place after the restructuring report was worked out indicate that there's no such threat anymore," said Tipos general manager Miloš Ronec last week.

The restructuring application submitted by national lottery company Tipos has been stopped by the Bratislava I District Court after the court accepted a proposal by the company to withdraw the restructuring request, the TASR newswire reported.

The company withdrew its application after the Constitutional Court on May 13 accepted a complaint from Tipos in which the company claimed that its fundamental commercial legal rights had been violated.

"Although Tipos was found to be in a state of imminent bankruptcy, recent facts and circumstances in place after the restructuring report was worked out indicate that there's no such threat anymore," said Tipos general manager Miloš Ronec last week.

After receiving the restructuring proposal two weeks ago, the Constitutional Court also postponed the execution of a Supreme Court verdict from November 30, 2010 that required Tipos to pay more than €14 million to one of its creditors, a Cypriot-based company called Lemikon Limited, for the unauthorised use of trademarks and know-how.

Source: TASR

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Top stories

Bratislava growing high Photo

High-rise buildings sprouting up in Bratislava

Visualisation of the future skyline of Bratislava

People of Pezinok fighting against landfill again

Dispute over controversial Pezinok waste dump, which started 18 years ago, continues.

The controversial landfill site in Pezinok

Crisis ends in Danko’s defeat

Education minister steps down following Fico’s call, Danko not ruling out he might leave politics.

Former education minister Peter Plavčan and PM Robert Fico on July 24.

First Slovak woman crossed the English Channel

Before her, only six Slovak men had managed to complete the difficult swim.