Alleged NBÚ hackers acquitted

The Bratislava Regional Court has ruled that two youngsters charged with infiltrating the computer network of the National Security Authority (NBÚ), are not guilty, the TASR newswire reported.

The Bratislava Regional Court has ruled that two youngsters charged with infiltrating the computer network of the National Security Authority (NBÚ), are not guilty, the TASR newswire reported.

The court dismissed an appeal by the special prosecutor against a verdict passed by a district court in Bratislava in October 2010 in which the two men, Patrik L. and Jakub C., were cleared of the charges after it was claimed that it was not certain that the two had broken into the NBÚ network under the user names Tuxo and Br.

The chair of the senate at the Bratislava Regional Court said, as quoted by the sme.sk website, that even the experts could not prove that the two alleged hackers had infiltrated the system

The case made headlines in 2006 after it was revealed that the access code for the NBÚ computer network had been set at ‘nbu123’, making it relatively easy for hackers to break.

Source: TASR, sme.sk

Compiled by Radka Minarechová from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Top stories

News digest: Lockdown not out of the question, PM Matovič says

The overview of news from Wednesday, October 21, 2020.

PM Igor Matovič says lockdown is still in play.

A curfew for those who refuse testing? Lawyers and president have doubts

The government risks the Constitutional Court canceling the nationwide testing.

Illustrative stock photo

The cabinet approves plan for permanent kurzarbeit

The new fund is expected to be introduced from 2022.

Labour Minister Milan Krajniak