The former head of the National Property Fund (FNM) state privatisation agency, Anna Bubeníková, is no longer acting as chair of the FNM executive board, board spokesperson Miloslav Homola said on Thursday, January 19. Bubeníková said she respects the government's decision to dismiss her last week, but rejects the reasons that were used to justify the move, the TASR newswire reported.
On January 18 Bubeníková expressed her willingness to hand over to a successor, but no one has been appointed yet due to President Ivan Gašparovič's refusal to make an appointment. In his proposal for a new executive head of the FNM on Wednesday Economy Minister Juraj Miškov (Freedom and Solidarity (SaS)) proposed two candidates: Christian Democratic Movement (KDH) nominee Pavol Faktor and SaS nominee Dionýz Stehlík. A third space in the document was left blank in case Miškov and Gašparovič were to agree on a different candidate.
However, Gašparovič's spokesman Marek Trubač said on January 18 that the running of FNM was not being adversely affected by the absence of a new executive chair and that authorised members of the executive board were entitled to act on the FNM's behalf in the meantime. Bubeníková, a nominee of the Slovak Democratic and Christian Union (SDKÚ), was dismissed over allegations that she had secretly acted as a go-between on privatisation matters for the private Penta financial group in 2005, while she was previously working at the FNM. Her involvement was alleged in the so-called Gorilla file.
Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.
20. Jan 2012 at 10:00