The Civic Conservative Party (OKS) will continue to work after the March 10 parliamentary election despite the fact that its candidates left the election slate of Ordinary People and Independent Personalities (OĽaNO) last week and thereby lost any chance of being elected to parliament, party chairman Peter Zajac announced on Tuesday, February 14.
Zajac, speaking to the SITA newswire, said that the OKS had perceived the OĽaNO slate as a project which had good potential and had done everything to ensure that the list would enjoy success. "We had positive feedback. Voters appreciated this move. We knew it was connected with a great risk. With Igor Matovič one cannot be sure about the predictability of his behaviour. We were wrong in not knowing he would be able to smash the slate apart," Zajac said. OKS will not give its supporters any recommendations on whom to vote for. "OKS voters are rational voters, able to decide by themselves," said Zajac. He said he would make his decision on whether to vote and for whom shortly before the election.
Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.