THE FACULTY of Architecture of Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava celebrated its 35th anniversary as a faculty and 65 years of teaching architecture at STU last October. Architect Emil Belluš had a fundamental influence over the teaching of architecture in Slovakia. Belluš taught first at what was then called SVŠT since 1939, and after World War II put his energy into nurturing architectural education in Slovakia and creating an independent architecture faculty.
Other individuals involved in nurturing architectural education in Slovakia were Karel Hannauer, Alfréd Piffl, Jan E. Koula, Vladimír Karfík, Eurostav wrote.
20. Feb 2012 at 0:00 | Compiled by Spectator staff