AWARDS for the 17th year of Slovakia’s prestigious national construction competition, Construction of the Year 2011, were handed out in Bratislava on October 19. The objective of the competition, which is organised by the Association for the Development of Slovakia’s Architecture and Construction Industry (ABF Slovakia), is to support “the quality of complex execution of engineering works as an integral part of the integrated system of quality assurance procedures in the construction process and the construction industry”, according to the website of the competition.
In this year’s event 30 structures competed for the title of Construction of the Year 2011. Of these, 16 were constructed in Bratislava and the rest in Slovakia’s other regions. Altogether 13 construction projects received awards, of which nine were in Bratislava. The jury was chaired by German architect Igor Barta.
The main prize for Construction of the Year 2011 went to the University Library of Constantine the Philosopher in Nitra, designed by architects Ľubomír Holejšovský and Vladimír Jarabica.
Award of the Association of Construction
Entrepreneurs of Slovakia for the highest quality of a final construction
- Reconstruction and extension of the Hlboká housing complex in Bratislava
Award of the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava’s Faculty of Civil Engineering for
employment of science and technology and for the highest quality of realisation of a project
- Reconstruction and extension of the Koch hospital in Bratislava
Award of the Eurostav publishing house for comprehensive, progressive solution of an architectural design
- Reconstruction, rebuilding and completion of the Hotel Zochova Chata in Piesok
Award of the Slovak Chamber of Civil Engineers for the best design solution in a construction project
- Family house in Záhorská Bystrica in Bratislava
Award of ABF Slovakia for an original urban architectural solution in a construction project
- Retro, a multi-functional building in Bratislava
Award of the Building Testing and Research Institute for the optimal usage of progressive construction materials, products or systems
- River Park, a multi-functional complex in Bratislava
Award of the Prvá Stavebná Sporiteľna housing savings construction bank for an apartment building
- CASSOVAR, a residential development in Košice
Awards for projects which made a significant contribution to society:
Award of the Mayor of Bratislava
- Anti-flood protection in Bratislava
Award of the Minister of Transport, Construction and Regional Development
- Terminal of M. R. Štefánik Airport in Bratislava
The general public was also invited to vote and the River Park complex won the Award of the Public.
20. Feb 2012 at 0:00 | Compiled by Spectator staff